The Next Big Thing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ^^^^^^, Oct 27, 2008.

1. zzt

zzt

i dont get how their getting around the 2nd law of thermodynamics. They need heat to start the process....they gotta get that from somewhere

#21     Jan 27, 2009
  2. #22     Feb 3, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I went without power for 15 days during hurricane wilma. It was ugly .... and there was power one block away...so I could only imagine if there was no power anywhere..

#23     Feb 3, 2009
  4. For this to be valid, there would need a sub-ground state for the hydrogen atom, and every swinging dick physicist would have had to miss it.

It's like saying you found the holy grail to market trading using a 31 day moving average. Hmm, nobody has tried that, huh?

sounds too good to be true...

#24     Feb 3, 2009
  5. It's just a fuel cell.

#25     Feb 3, 2009
  6. Incorrect assessment snakeman.
    A fuel cell uses hydrogen and oxygen to create electricity. This device uses Raney nickel and hydrogen to create excess heat.

#26     Feb 3, 2009
  7. The physicist granted the patent explains the results using standard quantum physics. And CalTech is no slouch outfit :)

#27     Feb 3, 2009
  8. I didn't read the Caltech patent, but it appears that it relates to the Casmir effect, which is kosher with quantum theory.

But wtfdik. I know enough to know that there are a lot of non-intuitive results in physics. It is just that more often, it is "Bernie Madoff" principles at work when there are claims of a revolution in physics.

#28     Feb 3, 2009
  9. It is just that a SUB ground state would be so absolutely incredible, it is very hard to believe. It is not something along the lines of mixing chemicals to create a novel reaction. It is a MUCH bigger deal.

#29     Feb 3, 2009
  10. zzt

zzt

yes but you have to make/derive hydrogen and that takes energy. You can never get more energy out of the process than you use to get the hydrogen (and the other stuff). The only way you can get around that is to use non renewables ( wind, solar, hydro, oil, nuclear). No matter what anyone claims, the hydrogen economy is a bullsh*t proposition.

#30     Feb 3, 2009