The Next Big Thing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ^^^^^^, Oct 27, 2008.

1. According to the article, they measured "one million joules of energy". To put that in perspective, it's approximately 10 days on food intake for Michael Phelps' training diet, or 3% of the energy contained in one litre/quart of jet fuel.

#11     Oct 27, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Energy is a geo-political lynch pin to Global Control.

You control energy and by its proxy, food, you control entire economies and people.

Further, manipulated energy prices kept high, keeps people at subsistence level.

Political Control at home is largely derived from a stupefied and derelict middle class.

The broker they are, the better.

Less time to educate yourself on when true nature of political affairs when you're working 2 jobs just to pay the bills!!

#12     Oct 27, 2008
  3. ^^^^^^

^^^^^^

Agreed. This is game changing. Maybe the PTB are cashing out ahead of the re-ordering.

#13     Oct 27, 2008
  4. achilles28

achilles28

I don't see how they'd allow it.

Most game-changing technology gets seized under "National Security".

I'm not sure why this time would prove different.

Under circumstances like this, private property and patent rights are worth nothing.

Its "we take it, or two shots to the head".

#14     Oct 27, 2008
  5. ^^^^^^

^^^^^^

#15     Dec 28, 2008
  6. I don't know if the OP's link to his "next big thing" is legit, but still I've been anticipating a new paradigm changing technological innovation.

That got me thinking: What if we developed a cheap, clean plentiful energy source in the next 10 years? I know it's a stretch to achieve all 3 adjectives but still.

How would the oil producers react, especially the Arabs? The US and Europe are net oil consumers and are vulnerable to manipulation attempts by the Arab nations. What would they do if they suddenly found themselves empty-handed and devoid of power and influence?

I don't know the answer, but it's an interesting question. Surely the CIA and other so-called "3 letter agencies" have studied this.

#16     Dec 28, 2008
  7. Illum

Illum

Well this would be a threat to coal, maybe nat gas, but oil? You have to make cars to run on this, would take decades after it was proven a stable and reliable energy source.

#17     Dec 28, 2008
  8. The skeptics here can laugh all you want, but if you only had a single clue as to how serious a threat this is, you really would not be laughing.

This is the threat they never really properly prepared for, probably since it doesn't go boom, cause radiation burns, or make people sick (at least not directly).

The results of this are as scary as any weapon ever developed since shutting down the grid will put us back into the stone age within months.

Think your cars will function properly? Your computers? Local utilities?

I remember when we had the blackout for just under 3 days in many parts of the country. People, after just 2 days, started to look like neanderthals, just because they didn't have electricity.

Can any of you imagine how Americans or any other western power used to and taking everything for granted will cope with a month without power? 2 months?

#19     Jan 26, 2009
  9. I'm late to the party on this one; OP link now says "story not found." Another link somewhere?

#20     Jan 26, 2009