The next bank to blow up...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by capmac, Mar 14, 2008.

1. capmac

capmac

17:11 UBS UBS AG: CNBC commentator says UBS is possibly looking to resume sale of Paine Webber unit due to the worsening credit crisis; the resumption of the sale could come back very soon (27.76 -2.53) -Update-

CNBC commentator says that UBS is possibly exploring the sale of the brokerage unit to raise cash... says not sure how much money they could get for the unit.

#11     Mar 15, 2008
  2. The next bank to fail or take a hit won't happen till the market gets fluffed up. Just when the bulls get their legs back and everyone gets cheery, the next shoe drops. Buy bad news, sell good news.

Fluff the financial sector with FED induced shit and sell the piss out of it. Rinse and repeat.

Round 11 pump and dump in financial sector coming,

I think a lot of people would love to see GS take a hit. Some rogue trader losing 500 billion dollars. Hey Abbey, how is your 1650 spooz prediction by Jan. 08' coming. Greedy whore perma bulls........

#12     Mar 15, 2008
  3. empee

empee

Finally, someone said it. I'm right there mak. WHy should I continue to subsdize these fools? Yes, I know you were being sarcastic. Im not

#13     Mar 15, 2008
  4. define failure

countryide and citi both already "failed" in that they had a behind the scenes emergency capital infusion.

Without which they were going down like a high priced hooker.

WM looks vulnerable to me too

#14     Mar 15, 2008
  5. Don't understand why everyone is so pessimistic.

We were told inflation is contained. So is the subprime problem.

And the President is confident in the economy. What more do you want?

#15     Mar 15, 2008
  6. It's all good! (if you are ST)

After all, all we want is our long positions to go back up ASAP!!

Aren't I genius financial guru?!?

pseudo-quote form ST: "er um, yeah - thank God for quarterly earnings reports, because once the banks and brokerages report in coming week(s) the gained visibility will surely make the markets go UP!"

"When that happens better run for cover shorts (hee-hee)."

[Then for sure I will be unstuck and I can tell all what a guru trader I am]

"I NEVER fail" - "and if I said it, I BELIEVE it (and so should you)!!"

:D :D :D :D

pS

Huh?!? :(

#16     Mar 15, 2008
  7. kashirin

kashirin

Makloda, you're the biggest idiot ever
    Maybe just Bernanke can be compared to your idocy

Fed must raise rates, low rates destroying economy, we're in this mess because of low rates in the first place

And yes with such energy prices there is no way US economy will recover.
    Again Fed must raise rates and probably at this point even higher than 8%

#17     Mar 15, 2008
  8. what were rates after the double dip recession in the early 80s? 20%?

we might go 15%+. not sure if 8% will be enough to control inflation. right now nobody knows how deep the hole really is.

#18     Mar 15, 2008
  9. Looks like LEH is in some trouble.

#19     Mar 15, 2008
  10. Charly

Charly

ROFL :D

#20     Mar 15, 2008