The new TT platform - wishlist

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by helgen_1, Jan 25, 2017.

1. helgen_1

helgen_1

I have just switched from X Trader to TT. It looks good but there are some features I hope can be added in the future. In order of importance:

Alerts Manager
    I have used the Alerts Manager in X Trader and find it really enhances my overall sense of where and how we are trading. The most important for me here is a sound alert every time a contract I am watching makes a new high/low. It saves me having to look at my watch list while I am scalping.

Trade Sounds
    The ability to attach different sounds to different size that crosses the tape is a feature I would like to see. Listening to the tape feels more natural to me rather than to just look at it, and it adds to the 'feel' you get of the market.

Customize colors
    Below I have a screenshot of my setup with X Trader at the left, and the new TT on the right. I would like to change the colors to my liking.

Ok, that is my top three so far. Hopefully Patrick will chime in with a bit of behind-the-scenes info.

H.

alerts.jpg Trade_Sounds.jpg colors.jpg

CALLumbus likes this.
  2. birzos

birzos

Also used X_Trader and then looked at TT, felt it went backwards, plus cloud really is not ideal if you have valuable IP. Did ask for some paid updates, they ignored the request, so that platform was out as a foundation for the traders. Appears many brokers and platforms definition of institutional is quite liberal.

3. Drew Shields

Drew Shields Sponsor

H., thanks for sharing your list. I'm the CTO at TT and welcome your feedback!
    1. Alerts manager - this is currently in development. Position based alerting will be available in Mar/Apr and your market data alerts will likely come in Apr/May.
    2. Trade sounds - noted. I don't have an ETA but will be sure the product team knows of your request.
    3. Customize colors - great news! You'll likely see this in production in the next 3-5 weeks.

birzos, thanks for posting as well. I have a couple thoughts to share.
    1. In case there are some who think this is a 'cloud trading platform', I'd recommend they read this blog I wrote awhile back explaining the architecture. Happy to share more if anyone has more detailed questions. It's most definitely not a 'cloud' platform although it is delivered Software as a Service and in that sense leverages cloud technologies where it adds value. In terms of valuable IP being deployed in our platform, we understand your concern and have gone to great lengths to ensure that it is protected. All algo and autospreader IP is encrypted with a unique key that only your user ID can unlock. Our support team cannot decrypt your content in any way which presents some support challenges but those are well worth it to earn your trust. If we can't protect your IP, we can't stay in business so we take it very seriously.
    2. I'm not sure what you mean about asking for 'paid updates' but I'm happy to hear your request and respond if you'd like to direct message me here on ET.
    3. The TT platform is evolving over time. Rather than spend a few years building an exact replacement for X_TRADER and then take it to market, we took the approach to release features incrementally which means that it was nowhere near feature parity with X_TRADER when we first went live in 2015. The upside is that those who have migrated to the platform have driven our priorities. They also have benefited from the massive performance upgrade TT offers without any infrastructure overhead. If there are specific features which you think holds it back from being considered an 'institutional' offering, we'd love to hear about them. We still aren't at feature parity but are getting closer with every week that goes by and are confident that TT is on its way to becoming the best futures and futures options trading platform on the market.

Brian Mehta and patrickrooney like this.
  4. helgen_1

helgen_1

Shields, thanks, that's great news!

H.

5. J.P.

J.P.

When are you guys going to start accepting credit cards for payment of your platform and data fees? You are already sending out email bills. If you accept credit cards you may get payed in seconds or minutes after the bill is sent. Good for you and convenient for the customer. Maybe even include a link in the email. Click the link and go to a prepopulated payment page. Verify and click pay. Two clicks. Think Amazon.

(Very nice platform, by the way.)

RosyScenario likes this.
  6. birzos

birzos

Many thanks for the information, I do not wish to dilute @helgen_1 thread so will keep it brief. It is unfortunate your staff do not know or communicate these facts, as it would have been a materially different discussion. Our primary request via two way contact was for second based charts, however our final communication was ignored, coming from an institutional background, we only ask once. Regards.

7. truetype

truetype

They may not want to cough up the 2% credit-card processing fee.

8. Drew Shields

Drew Shields Sponsor

JP and truetype, I expect that users will be able to begin paying with credit card by mid-year depending on the type of subscription/license you use.

RosyScenario and J.P. like this.
  9. Drew Shields

Drew Shields Sponsor

birzos, thanks for replying. I'm sorry you had a negative experience like that. Obviously you now know how you can reach me directly and please feel free to do so in the future.

10. Gameboy

Gameboy

More chart types and being to use chart data along with indicators in ADL would be my main wishes.

#10     Jan 30, 2017