The New Stock Exchanges

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jun 24, 2008.

1. do you have a non-US online banking account, some of them are really great. I know the features in all US online bank accounts and none come even close to what some non-US online banks have to offer

actually the US online banks are a joke, other banks I have accounts with give you full features, america with their retarded 1980s rules & regulations

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. What do you guys think of the new platform/ECN announced by the Nasdaq to trade European equities beginning in September?

I wonder if it will narrow spreads and could it be the beginning of some serious pan-European competition in terms of spreads/commissions?

Will IB make this "ECN" available and will commissions for Europe eventually be lower?

http://www.nasdaq.com/newsroom/news...es+Participant+Testing+of+Pan-European+Market

#12     Jul 18, 2008
  3. Excellent Commentary, Risktaker
    .................................................................................
    Risktaker wrote...

What do you guys think of the new platform/ECN announced by the Nasdaq to trade European equities beginning in September?

I wonder if it will narrow spreads and could it be the beginning of some serious pan-European competion?

Will IB make this "ECN" available and will commissions for Europe eventually be lower?

..................................................................................................

You are now focusing on a very major point.

For many years, brokerage firms made a big business by changing the ownership name on a security purchase.

Direct Access Technology reduced this cost to almost nothing.

If this is the case in the US, then why not all other exchanges ?

This is why it does not matter where the computer banks are. Trading just requires electronic name labeling and banking.

The same story of moving a lot more shares with much smaller costs should rule the day since the US already has the precedent.

Low cost is presenting the bold entrants with an easy entry to grab market share.

Why not ?

Note ....BATS ECN EUROPE.....

http://www.a-teamgroup.com/article/bats-ecn-plans-2008-launch-in-europe/

#13     Jul 18, 2008