The NEW QuoTrek

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Chuck_T, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

eSignal has released version 1.0 of the QuoTrek. Wireless streaming quotes, news, and charts on a PDA / Cell phone.

Check out our site for more information:

http://www.QuoTrek.com

Chuck
    @eSignal

2. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

eSignal will be doing a number of events in major markets to show the New QuoTrek to the public.

If interested in seeing the New QuoTrek up close and live, check this page out:

http://www.esignal.com/events/default.asp?events=FREESALES

We'll also be at the NYC Traders Expo on February 15th-17th showing it.

Chuck
    @eSignal

3. dhandy

dhandy

Cool! I will be in NYC for the Traders Expo and will check it out. I moved over to the 7510 Nextel Blackberry. Can QuoTrek run on that?

Thanks!
    Big D
    :D :D :D

4. Hi dhandy,

First, the Quotrek will only work on Blackberries connected to the BES server (BlackBerry Enterprise Server). Are you hooked up thru that?

Also, we have not tested the Nextel network as yet, but our understanding is that the Nextel data network runs very slow, average speed of 15 - 20 kbps, whereas AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, and Verizon run on data networks with average speed of 56kbps. So I'm afraid that it may not work with Nextel at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

5. dhandy

dhandy

Well, that's too bad. I really like Nextel's network because it is stable, even if it is a bit slow. I'm not on a BES either.

I think I'll end up sticking with MidCast Pro. They are able to work on the 7510.

Thanks anyways!
    See ya in NYC!

Big D

6. dhandy

dhandy

Andy

Where can I get a BES? What dose it cost? Dose eSig sale them?

Thanks

Big D

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi dhandy,

BES stands for Blackberry Enterprise Server, which is a server-side application you load on your corporate email server. It's not something typically used by individuals for home use as it runs around $5k. We're still planning on supporting the Blackberry without the BES but we're still some weeks away from being ready.

We aren't a RIM re-seller ( the makers of BlackBerry) so for more information on the BES, please visit the Blackberry site.

Thanks.

8. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

For non-eSignal desktop users, we provide a version of MarketCenter for Quotrek users when at their desktops.

MarketCenter has been upgraded to include the following this week:

MarketCenter is an ultra-thin, Java-based, client application that delivers market quotes and information via the Internet through a variety of charts and analytics. The latest enhancements include additional advanced services that can be added onto MarketCenter, providing a highly customizable solution for the delivery of market quotes and analytics. These enhancements include:

NASDAQ TotalView and Level II quotes that give traders access to the inside market

Option chains that make it easy for stock options traders to monitor options by expiration month and puts versus calls

Time & Sales, which is essential for any trader interested in closely monitoring an issue’s performance tick by tick

Chuck
    @eSignal

9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

We are working on a next Quotrek release. Support for devices like the Nokia Symbian and MS Mobile Smartphones will be released. Along with some clean up of the GUI interface, news by symbol, and person BlackBerry (for non-corporate users). This will happen in about a month.

http://www.QuoTrek.com

Chuck
    @eSignal

10. dhandy

dhandy

So if I get a blackberry and want quotrek it’s going to cost me $5000.00???

Big D

#10     Feb 20, 2004