The new face of healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Here is what we can expect from healthcare reform.

A friend of mine is a healthcare consultant and does some volunteer work for seniors and here is the current state of medicare.

Apparently Barry has instructed congress to find money. Congress has decided to cut medicare advantage payouts to hmos and medicare D prescription drug program have increased the premiums across the board with two exceptions. 2 decreased and 45 increased prescription drug premiums.

So the result is dr's accepting medicare advantage no longer accept it so those are forced to purchase a plan that is 80% more expensive along with the increase in prescription drug premiums.

What it boils down to is roughly 20,000 to 30,000 people are losing their coverage and have nowhere to go.

Well done Barry!!

2012 over and out.

2. I doubt I will continue 60-70hr work weeks when this BS kicks in.

I can probably support myself on 15-20hrs.

3. The medicaid cuts have just taken place within the last couple of weeks.

You will start to hear about tales of 10's of thousands of newly uninsured seniors under this wonderful new plan.

4. This is what is known in democrat circles as "spreading the wealth around."

Take money from seniors who have paid into the system their entire lives and counted on it and give it to illegal immigrants and ACORN thugs.