The new CLK

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WCOMtrader, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Do you guys have a trust fund or something? You can't pay for those bad boys with trading profits that's for sure. Well...maybe a Matchbox version...

#11     Nov 1, 2002
  2. well, if you go to mbusa.com they show the previous CLK cabrio still. and if you check any auto site, you will find something similar to the following (this is from MotorTrend.com): "A cabriolet version should follow in about a year, trailed by an AMG-tuned high-performance model." it's also not in the brochure and the salesperson at the MB dealer told me it's unavailable. unless you're in a different country maybe?

anyway, no biggie. it doesn't matter to me one way or another.

#12     Nov 1, 2002
  3. Actually. trading profits for the past nine months provided about 75% of my purchase funds. And the last month of trading returned just about the balance that I actually had to come up with out of pocket. But it, the car, was a great investment. :)

#13     Nov 2, 2002
  4. Frankly, I have been so happy with the current vehicle that I have not looked any further. And other than adding another make or two, I think I'm pretty much through for a while. I plan on keeping the three that I have now for a while. :)

#14     Nov 2, 2002
  5. One of the nicest things about the new CLK is that it doesn't have a bi pillar - making it a true coupe. Therefore it is VERY easy to distinguish from any other Mercedeses, the older CLKs the new Cs and the Es and from any other car.

I was considering the 55AMG and the 500 and realized that even though they are much more powerful - I dont need that much power driving in NY. I had a V6 Accord before (which I still drive) and it rips up the road. The 320 has about the same HP and its a lighter car.

As for the financing the car - trading of course :)

The money in the TRUST fund comes FROM trading.

#15     Nov 2, 2002
  6. I just got back from Pisa, Italy. My friends and I rented a car to get down there. Thing sucked! It only went 100mph. Well we took the AutoStrata, which is the Italian version of the German Autobahn. Going 100 is basically doing the regular speed limit. We saw one car doing 60, and my reaction was... damm that guy is a hazard to all of us.

Anyways, there were so many CLK's that came up on my ass. They were cruising at least 130. I was in such aww. I saw a CL600 and I nearly crapped my pants. In the states it doesn't really matter, but here in Europe, where you can go that fast legally, it makes a huge difference. When you're in a fast car like that, just flash the cars in front of you and they'll move over. It kinda sucked cos I was the one that had to move over.

There's this place in the state of Washington that sells nice cars. They have a 2002 CLK Cabrio... check it out... it's on sale
    http://www.parkplaceltd.com/webinventory/details.asp?id=1064

Andy

#16     Nov 3, 2002
  7. Babak

Babak

#17     Nov 3, 2002
  8. Why didn't you post a link to a plane then? Who needs a 200G car when you can get a plane? And for a few extra bucks a flight to the moon on a russian cosmojet?

#18     Nov 3, 2002
  9. It is a shame that new cars today are leaning towards cheap material. That maybach is nice... never heard of it before.

Andy

#19     Nov 4, 2002
  10. the use of plastics in the body is not cheap, it is for light weight and to absorb energy in a crash. Plastic is a better material for a bumper than steel for example.

As for performance, It is totally insane to pay $120,000 for some AMG mercedes. For that kind of money you could buy an E class sedan AND a corvette for fun on weekends. And the brand new corvettes are truly awesome and of good quality. The top of the line corvette can hold its own against a 911 Turbo in accelleration and handling.

#20     Nov 4, 2002