The New Cash & Carry

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beat you to the post...I can read your mind (many successfull traders think alike :))

#21     Oct 2, 2005
  2. Choad

Choad

Interesting thread, ES.

Thanks for showing us this stuff. :)

#22     Oct 2, 2005
  3. Your welcome sir...(I read your most excellent posts throughout ET)

Michael B.

#23     Oct 2, 2005
  4. Ok...I need to clear up something... I know its coming..

Why do you share this Electric?..

BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE....THATS WHY...

Do you think that interest rate differentials will be abolished?

Do you think the 1.9 trillion traded daily or whatever it is now Retail Spot Forex market will be effected by this public system?

This is my calling....Trading, Writing, Teaching and Sharing....in that order.(I am told I am a terrible teacher by the results of confused faces I see in the audience/classroom/forum).

Trading is my life's work, and many traders are insecure....look there are so many ways to take money out of the market that makes this silly...

I will trade my own money and compound it up to oblivian...we shall see...

I already have been a CTA and traded a vendors system (a glorified telemarketer)...no thanks...

I do not want the politics of a hedgefund....no thanks...

and there are not any Retail Spot Forex Prop shops other than Global, and they want scalpers...not carry traders.

Michael B.

#24     Oct 2, 2005
  5. Now one more thing:

I will prove trading is not gambling and you can put time on your side...

You say...there is never zero risk with leverage...but ahhhh there is...

Here is why:

Item 15 B in my Customer agreement at my marketmaker states:

15B) Your account can never have a negative balance.

So therefore, I pull out money for me at each TP and let some of it ride...I like to pay myself when I do good. But the bigger reason is to get the amount invested to Zero, thus reducing risk to zero...get it?

What I do with the returned money has nothing to do with this example...so don't even go there...Wifey, spends it!

Michael B.

P.S. Just glance at the spreadsheet in cell I3 of the Cash & Carry tab occasionally if thats all you get from this system to see the temperature of the gambling meter! And remember this system does not have the "cost of time" for the trader to be "glued to the screen" to make the annual profits in the triple digit percentages. Just think Traders, this will give you time to lose your money in other systems! :)

#25     Oct 2, 2005
  6. Wifey is afraid to come on this Journal...she said

Electric what is different about this Journal and your older one named Cash & Carry?

This one is better Hedged, my little creampuff...

she said..."don't give me that "Tampa Trader Crap"! and slammed the door, knocking my series 3 test I had taped up, off the wall..

Michael B.

P.S. This new Cash & Carry is much different.

Look at the exposure tab and enter in column C a number of units for the head pair NZD/USD and the rest of the pairs will calculate across according to the WEIGHT NEEDED FOR A HEDGED BASKET. Manually enter in your trade size on the platform...You can get a hint on where you should be by looking at column B in the exposure tab. This is merely a hint in Column B not a recommendation or a suggestion. I do not want to go to jail!

P.P.S. There is some trading though....but in the entire basket and all of the pair at once. There is averaging down and tp's taken, but as ONE instrument with all the ingredients.

#26     Oct 2, 2005
  7. THE RISK OF LOSS IN TRADING RETAIL SPOT FOREX CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE CAREFULLY CONSIDER WHETHER SUCH TRADING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IN LIGHT OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONDITION. IN CONSIDERING WHETHER TO TRADE OR TO AUTHORIZE SOMEONE ELSE TO TRADE FOR YOU, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:

IF YOU PURCHASE AN INSTRUMENT KNOWN AS A PAIR IN RETAIL SPOT FOREX, YOU MAY SUSTAIN A TOTAL LOSS OF YOUR CAPITAL AND ALL OF THE TRANSACTION COSTS DISGUISED AS SPREADS.

IF YOU PURCHASE OR SELL AN INSTRUMENT OR PAIR IN RETAIL SPOT FOREX , YOU MAY SUSTAIN A TOTAL LOSS OF THE INITIAL MARGIN FUNDS AND ANY ADDITIONAL FUNDS THAT YOU DEPOSIT WITH YOUR BROKER TO ESTABLISH OR MAINTAIN YOUR POSITION. IF THE MARKET MOVES AGAINST YOUR POSITION, YOU MAY BE CALLED UPON BY YOUR DEALER/MARKETMAKER, TO DEPOSIT A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF ADDITIONAL MARGIN FUNDS, ON SHORT NOTICE, IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN YOUR POSITION. IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THE REQUESTED FUNDS WITHIN THE PRESCRIBED TIME, YOUR POSITION MAY BE LIQUIDATED AT A LOSS. YOU COULD BE LIABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL LOSS OR NEGATIVE BALANCE ACCORDING TO YOUR DEALER/MARKETMAKER AGREEMENT

UNDER CERTAIN MARKET CONDITIONS, YOU MAY FIND IT DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE TO LIQUIDATE A POSITION. MOST DEALERS/MARKETMAKERS ELECTRONICALLY EXECUTE YOUR EXIT IF NEEDED AND WHEN THERE IS TIME YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE A WARNING.

THE PLACEMENT OF CONTINGENT ORDERS BY YOU OR YOUR TRADING ADVISOR, SUCH AS A "STOP-LOSS" OR "STOP LIMIT" ORDER, WILL NOT NECESSARILY LIMIT YOUR LOSSES TO THE INTENDED AMOUNTS, SINCE MARKET CONDITIONS MAY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO EXECUTE SUCH ORDERS.

A "SPREAD" OR HEDGED POSITION MAY NOT BE LESS RISKY THAN A SIMPLE "LONG" OR "SHORT" POSITION.

THE HIGH DEGREE OF LEVERAGE THAT IS OFTEN OBTAINABLE IN RETAIL SPOT FOREX TRADING CAN WORK AGAINST YOU AS WELL AS FOR YOU. THE USE OF LEVERAGE CAN LEAD TO LARGE LOSSES AS WELL AS GAINS.

IN SOME CASES, MANAGED RETAIL SPOT FOREX ACCOUNTS ARE SUBJECT TO SUBSTANTIAL CHARGES FOR MANAGEMENT AND ADVISORY FEES. IT MAY BE NECESSARY FOR THOSE ACCOUNTS THAT ARE SUBJECT TO THESE CHARGES TO MAKE SUBSTANTIAL TRADING PROFITS TO AVOID DEPLETION OR EXHAUSTION OF THEIR ASSETS.

THIS BRIEF STATEMENT CANNOT DISCLOSE ALL THE RISKS AND OTHER SIGNIFICANT ASPECTS OF THE PARTIALLY REGULATED RETAIL SPOT FOREX MARKET.

YOU SHOULD BE AWARE TRANSACTIONS ON MARKETS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, INCLUDING MARKETS FORMALLY LINKED TO A UNITED STATES MARKET MAY BE SUBJECT TO REGULATIONS WHICH OFFER DIFFERENT OR DIMINISHED PROTECTION. FURTHER, UNITED STATES REGULATORY AUTHORITIES MAY BE UNABLE TO COMPEL THE ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES OF REGULATORY AUTHORITIES OR MARKETS IN NON-UNITED STATES JURISDICTIONS WHERE YOUR TRANSACTIONS MAY BE EFFECTED. BEFORE YOU TRADE YOU SHOULD INQUIRE ABOUT ANY RULES RELEVANT TO YOUR PARTICULAR CONTEMPLATED TRANSACTIONS AND ASK THE FIRM WITH WHICH YOU INTEND TO TRADE FOR DETAILS ABOUT THE TYPES OF REDRESS AVAILABLE IN BOTH YOUR LOCAL AND OTHER RELEVANT JURISDICTIONS.

YOU SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE THAT THE SECONDARY MARKET MAY CLOSELY TRACK THE QUOTES OFFERED AND EXTRAPOLATED FROM THE EBS AND UBS QUOTES THAT MANY BANKS USE, BUT THE SECONDARY MARKET IS JUST WHAT IT IMPLIES. THE QUOTES YOU SEE AND THE EXECUTIONS YOU GET ARE ALL CONTROLLED BY THE DEALER/MARKETMAKER AND MAY NEVER HAVE A RELATIONSHIP TO WHAT IS COMMONLY REFFERRED TO AS THE INTERBANK MARKET.

#27     Oct 2, 2005
  8. This is real trading with real money in my hand. The bank tab from last July is my actual money representing my deposits and withdrawals.

You may have noticed that I like to skim during a take profit. Yes my plan is only to do that and let the interest ride...but there should be a residual from the tp, even after I skim...I am not that greedy, however I would like to get the money invested... back as soon as possible without interuppting the power of compounding..

When the offices of Warren Buffet or Bill Gates give me a call, I would do the same for them. The gamble is in the build up...I know a trader who has traded this basket with hundreds of thousand of dollars over a year now...without a margin call...ok, I have put some twists in it and made it better with a fancy spreadsheet and some other stuff..

I will not reveal everything I know and this is just an example of what I can do. I enjoy sharing with ET and I hope this Journal can continue for all to see and prosper from.

This system is valid and good trading to you...There are many other systems to come, when I feel like it. Please refrain from using names of non sponsors and I will refrain from self-promotion.... deal...good! we got a deal. We don't want this thread deleted do we?

Michael B.

#28     Oct 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.