The New Business Friendlier - Fox Business Channel.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Feb 11, 2007.

1. I guess you have a point.

Most TV networks don't give much attention to attracting older viewers, since they don't spend much money on non-staple consumer goods. But since most CNBC commercials tout financial services- stuff that senior citizens <b>do</b> spend their money on, Ailes might not go straight for the Gen-X viewer demographic after all.

Whatever he decides to do, I still predict he'll do it well, and steal away most of CNBC's market share.
    He certainly won't forget to throw in hot babes galore. With the sound muted and all that eye-candy in your face, you'll almost think you're watching the <i>Español</i> financial news channel. :D

#11     Feb 12, 2007
  2. I don't know if most of the share will be captured, but some of it for sure, at least initially.

Getting share when new and flush with cash sponsoring promotions is sometimes not as hard as keeping it once you get it.

I am assuming we will see mostly the same guests on each program.

I would hope for a more "fair and balanced" approach to the markets, equal time given to bearish and bullish analysts...instead of the constant dull headed ongoing infomercial on why the market should be bought, and why it is going higher, but I don't know if an accurate sober assessment will appeal to most people.

They might find the truth a bit too depressing...

Heck, they should just bring on Bill O'Reilly regularly, if not give him his own regular 5 minute spot, he seems to draw in the Fox minded viewers like monkeys to bananas...

#12     Feb 12, 2007
  3. You're right. I wouldn't start a thread condemning Ted Turner's channel before it even had a chance to get on the air. Thank you for pointing out your bias.

#13     Feb 12, 2007
  4. .

February 12, 2007

SouthAmerica: I admire “Ted Turner”, and I think that he is an outstanding person.

In the other hand, if Ruppert Murdoch had the chance - he probably would burn and get rid off the “US Constitution and the Bill of Rights”.

Ruppert Murdoch is a radical right wing fascist, the type of people that I have no use for.

Ruppert Murdoch is not starting a new Fox Business Channel just for the hell of it – you can bet that Murdoch has an agenda in mind – and you also can bet that it is not to help the middle class and the small investor.

The more I learn about Ruppert Murdoch the lower is my conceit regarding that man.

#14     Feb 12, 2007
  5. Some hard right wingers can come on here and say Ted Turner is a radical left wing Bolshevik just as easily as you have done. I'm sure you would agree they were being ridiculous, which is why you should understand why I think you're being ridiculous.

#15     Feb 13, 2007
  6. Cutten

Cutten

So in the spirit of your post, what would be the best way to make money out of this? I can't find Bartiromo futures on sportingbet :p

#16     Feb 14, 2007