The New Brokerage Model....coming soon?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vaquero, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYSEat21

NYSEat21

Sorry I've been gone...been fighting off the flu for a few days.
    V, you said that you wanted about 40 traders with an acct of about $100k for each of them. What types of stocks are you going to be trading with 100k? With a total acct of 4 mil, I'd take half of that myself. Even a few hundred thousand doesn't go real far in this market anymore.
    Don Bright said before that more than 50% don't make it the first year. A lot of people won't really realize just how good this number is. I'll have to look at our firm numbers, but ours will be somewhat offset by the fact that we really have very few "new" traders. At my previous firm the number had to be at least 80% for those new traders that wouldn't make it in the first year.
    So, V, how much are you expecting the guys that are profitable to make to offset the losses of those that are not profitable and still be able to cover the bills while trading a 100k acct? The number of 6 figure traders is very few and far between nowadays. Again, what are you going to be trading that is volatile enough to yield large profits that you need on a small acct size?

#91     Dec 11, 2003
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero

Thank you for your responses....

Its correct that there are a number of traders that have stayed in the high volume strategies and have had to up the order size because of the lack of volatility with respect to these strategies...the high volume strategies have generally been brought to fore by the front end houses who's clearing costs are lower as their volume flow increases....we have some of these traders already...but have found other opportunities in both Nasdaq and NYSE stocks that do not require large account size...in fact small is good in these instances....The market is a big place and there is room for many types of successful strategies....

Will keep you posted as we move forward....

The purpose of this thread was to see if there was some interest in this model...and has therefore served its purpose...

Because of my respect for the ET model and its paying customers...I am ending this thread...and will return as a paying customer upon the launch of the new firm....

Thank you for the responses.....

#92     Dec 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.