The New American Dream: SUICIDE.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 23, 2012.

1. More Americans now commit suicide than are killed in car crashes as miserable economy takes its toll

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 16:03, 22 September 2012 | UPDATED: 17:59, 23 September 2012

Suicide is the cause of more deaths than car crashes, according to an alarming new study.

Suicides via falls or poisoning have risen significantly and experts fear that there could be many more unaccounted for, particularly in cases of overdose.

'Suicides are terribly under-counted,' said Ian Rockett, author of the study, published on Thursday in the American Journal of Public Health.
    'I think the problem is much worse than official data would lead us to believe. We have a situation that has gotten out of hand.'

Previous research has suggested that suicide rates go up during recessions and times of economic crisis.

'Economic problems can impact how people feel about themselves and their futures as well as their relationships with family and friends,' Feijun Luo of CDC’s Division of Violence Prevention told Bloomberg.

Suicide is now the most frequent cause of injury deaths, followed by car crashes, poisoning, falls and murder.

In 2009, more than 37,000 Americans took their own lives, a number that the government and private groups such as Facebook are fighting to lower.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cans-lives-die-car-crashes.html#ixzz27LTiBFRf

2. pspr

pspr

Any news of it occurring at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, D.C.?

3. A man goes into a library and asks for a book on suicide.

The librarian recommends the Qur'an.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe it's just part of the new Obamacare plan, culling the herd so to speak.

5. I've often wondered about people who commit suicide over money issues. I mean if you know you are going out, why not do in a productive way. Head down to mexico and try to take out the head of a drug cartel, or check up on the sex offender website and take out a child molester and expropriate their assets. If you die in the process...oh well, you were going to die anyway. But if you succeed, you don't have money problems anymore, and no longer have the urge to kill yourself.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

IF I ever decide I'm through living I'm absolutely going to take out a worthy target with me.

Community service and that sort of thing.

7. And the librarian recommends that he votes Romney so that he sends him to do Israel wars.

8. Eight

Eight

how long did it take you to come up with all the cleverness?

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

tradingurinals? The thought probably took him no more than a 1/4 hour or so. Typing it of course certainly took him a lot longer.

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

If I ever woke up one morning and realized that I only had the intellectual capacity of tradingjournals, that is, if I had stroked out overnight and 99% of my brain had its blood supply cutoff, I would definitely consider ending my life.

Like others, I would seriously consider taking a few bad people out with me. Yeah, community service, that's the ticket. :D

#10     Sep 24, 2012