The Nature Of The Trading Business

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Joe Ross, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Consider the following: As a trader you are in a business. Your strongest opponent has plenty of capital. He follows a program and he does it without emotion. He is totally aware of the fact that no one knows where the next tick will fall. Whereas he usually has good insights regarding the major forces that drive the market, he does not fool himself into thinking he can explain the vagrancies of price movement intraday or even from day to day. He knows that no one truly can. The successful trader has learned his lessons by actually trading. This is a business driven by fear, greed, and selfishness, and very few worthwhile pointers are given out by the industry, other traders, or the myriad of so-called trading gurus who plague the pages of trading magazines and pages of their websites. The most valuable information is closely guarded and not often put in books or on web pages. Learning about trading is a ‘forever’ experience. As the markets change and as we adjust to them, we learn. The learning is ongoing. It stops only when you no longer trade. During the time we trade we can always improve. Trading is a great business for those who master it, and those who master it are traders who have mastered themselves.

Joe Ross

2. Business a little slow Joe ?

Good points but don't you think your being a hypocrite ?

btw, I do like your books and I think your a decent enough vendor but you are still after all a vendor.

3. A good post showing quite a few examples of the myths that abound in the financial industry as well as insipid statements of fact that help support the propagation of those myths. Nice job.

4. Great platitudes and cliches. The new "buy low and sell high" for the self help group.

How does one Master themselves. If you can explain that, we might be interested.

I guess if you cant master yourself than you can always write books explaining nothing.

How do you trade without emotion? Doesnt emotion give you signals that if followed actually help you?

5. LOL

EXCELLENT POST !!!!

6. No one should be surprised to find Samson agreeable with a hairdresser. :D