The nation’s debt clock is ticking faster than ever & Wall Street is getting worried

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 3, 2009.

1. so all these people with the PLETHORA of new jobs will be able to afford food and shelter with inflation rising causing even more uncertainty for businesses to plan their future???

if inflation kicks in..FOOD RIOTS...not too far behind

I personally think 2-3 yrs minimum before inflation rears

#11     May 3, 2009
  2. TM1982

TM1982

So I assume all of you will put your money where your mouth is and convert all your savings to a foreign currency.

#12     May 3, 2009
  3. Or just trade the hell out of the dollar bear market. There are so many trades you can put on in a falling dollar environment. Inflation is great for speculators. You get huge bubbles to capitalize on. With a little leverage, you can offset inflation with your gains.

#13     May 3, 2009
  4. TM1982

TM1982

Rice, what's your trade? Long TBT? Is that the best way to play it? Start scaling in..

#14     May 4, 2009
  5. Mvic

Mvic

By then the banks and the fed will own most of the housing stock through foreclosure, they will be quite happy :)

#15     May 4, 2009
  6. On a serious note, inflation is a tough mofo.

Many 'brilliant' people won and lost their fortunes playing currency markets, such as Soros.

Gold, for all the hyperbole, well, that hasn't been such a great long term investment, despite sprints and phases from time to time.

#16     May 4, 2009
  7. Mvic

Mvic

I think anyone who is paying attention knows this is coming, probably sooner than later. The real question is when to get long based on the hyperinflation scenario. I have been a big bull on commodities, mostly the grains and metals (not gold) but recently sold them all because if we are going to re test the lows and potentially make news ones this year or next it is still too early to be thinking about the inflation scenario. So do you risk buying in here things like KOL, DBA, DXO, JJG, UNG, or the futures or do you wait for a better entry when the bear reasserts itself?

#17     May 4, 2009
  8. Podimer

Podimer

as the writers had used CBO projections to corroborate their argument, checked out some other CBO projections and surprisingly (at least to me), they have the CPI peaking at 1.9% in 2016 and hanging out there for the next few years.

at least they're optimistic.

#18     May 4, 2009
  9. greddy

greddy

Not to worry.

The new currency, "Amero" will come to the rescue.

Why not just confiscate gold at the same time. The
    governmnent can do whatever they want.

#19     May 4, 2009
  10. Real-estate will continue to plummet for many years with too few buyers and fewer people qualifying for ever harder to get loans. Money = Debt and the banks aren't giving it out. Sell everything and get out of debt.

#20     May 4, 2009