The National Football League-that was the week that was

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Kornheiser is a smart, fairly clever guy and he and Wilbon play off each other pretty well, but I don't really like either of them. The segment last night on MNF with Charles Barkely was some of the worst I have ever seen. It went on for seemingly an hour, with the game as a sideshow. I thought they were going to ask Barkely for his opinion on solving the Iraq crisis, saving social security and global warming. Barkley clearly was out of things to say and finally resorted to interviewing Jaws. Kornheiser is trying to make the best out of this MNF thing, but he knows very little about sports. He is more of a sports celebrity reporter. I thought he was going to crawl in Barkleys underwear last night, he was doing such a jock sniff. Unfortunately, we will be stuck with him for a long time, since PTI is their top-rated show.

#41     Sep 18, 2007
  2. Was at the game last night. What a disappointing effort by the eagles. I believe last time eagles started 0-2 they finished with a 12-4 record... not likely this year. Well, at least the tailgating was fun. :)

#42     Sep 18, 2007
  3. <i>"Cincy may have the worst defense in the history of the NFL."</i>

We'll trade you Cinn defense for Miami's offense. Straight up, don't have to throw any 1st round draft picks our way, either.

#43     Sep 18, 2007
  4. Ginn as a 1st rounder? OMG.

Anyone still loving Cammmy Cam Dog as the head man?

#44     Sep 18, 2007
  5. As a Buckeye fan, I was excited to see Ginn picked so high... but... had to wonder if that was a stretch so early. Guess time will tell.

Had Miami not taken Ginn however, the Browns more than likely do not get Quinn, so I have to say thanks!

:D

#45     Sep 18, 2007
  6. The Fish woulda been better off by taking Brady Koser with that Ginn pick. But as you say...we shall see.

#46     Sep 18, 2007
  7. It's way too early to be writing off Cameron or Ginn. They played two games, both against solid teams. If I'm running the Dolphins draft, i think I take the deal Cleveland gave the Cowboys, but they no doubt had visions of Hester running back kicks for TDs for the Bears and thought they saw a quick and easy way to generate some scoring for an offensively challenged squad. I don't think it was a bad gamble, and in time it may well work out.

Picking Cameron followed a traditional path to selecting NFL coaches, ie pick a successful assistant. Miami has tried every possible route over the years, going with former head coaches, assistants and college coaches, and none was particularly successful. It's not like there was a huge pool of potential coaches out there. Who should they have taken? Mike Martz? Gregg Williams? Jim Fassel?

#47     Sep 19, 2007
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

went to the last night game ever in the OB last night to watch the C-A-N-E-S canes canes canes open up a can of whoop ass on Texas A&M...man do I hate to see the OB go...I have had so many memories there from great football games to awesome concerts...its going to be tough to let her go....my fondest memory there was when i was a youngster back in 1985 fresh off the boat ;o)...I was parking cars at my friends dads Laundromat a block away from the OB and made enough to buy 2 txs for my friend and I...well guess what it was the greatest game i was ever a part of....it was a monday night game if i am not mistaken and it was when the bears where on the road to being undefeated with manning ( QB ,now i forgot his name maybe, was it manning ?? ), the fridge and walter peyton i was in the endzone of the OB with the rest of the bears fans heckling us and riding us hard....well I need not say more...you know what happened that night..and oooooooh it was such a great game to be at....there can only be one undefeated team and that be the phins...dont come to our house thinking otherwise...peace

#48     Sep 21, 2007
  9. Cubano - what a game that was to watch last night. Where was A&M at? Did they forget there was a game being played? lol

#49     Sep 21, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

i have to admit i thought the canes where going to get whooped...but there is something about playing in the OB that brings out the best in the canes and its called REAL HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE...their QB had to call time out on 2 or 3 occasssions because of the 40,000 fans screaming their hearts out.....couple that with most of them being loud ass cubans and the way the OB is built for noise and you can get the jist of what i mean...fantastic game although the canes were favorite by 2 1/2 points i have no idea why....but they showed up thats for sure...

#50     Sep 21, 2007