The National Football League: 2009 edition

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 3-0 this week. I'll take it. It looked like Cinci was going to let me down at the end, but the Steelers gave them way too many chances for the TD.

Zorn is done. Snyder should fall on his sword and let the city start from scratch, owner and all.

#51     Sep 27, 2009
  2. Did you see that game? 86 TOTAL yards for TB? Wow, I had no idea they were that bad. Chucky is probably laughing his ass off right now.

#52     Sep 27, 2009
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

Synder is way too pompous and self important to do that but it would be great to get rid of him. I went to the Baltimore game today man Flacco looks like a 5 year vet out there, he has great instincts for the game, can't teach that.

#53     Sep 27, 2009
  4. As well as Kevin Kolb has been performing for Philly the talk is still hovering around Vick as McNabbs replacement if he got injured.

#54     Sep 28, 2009
  5. Well done.

#55     Sep 28, 2009
  6. Week three in the books, except for mondaynight game.

A few minor shoutouts this week. It's hard to win on the road in the NFL, so kudos to the Giants, Pack, Jags, Broncs, Saints, Bears and Colts.

Three teams stood out to me. I liked the Giants but they were on the road in florida after a big monday nighter in dallas. Possible letdown scenario. Didn't happen. They are good and seemed to have gotten past the loss of Plaxico. I thought Tb had a shot at being halfway decent, but they really sucked.

The Saints have just flat got it done. They went into Buffalo and finally showed they can play on both sides of the ball, as they shut down what had been an effective Bills offense.

The Colts had their way in Arizona. Manning et al were pretty much unstoppable.

In the biggest surprise category has to be the Titans opening 0-3. this team started 10-0 last season. This time they turned the ball over twice in their own red zone on kicks and the Jets turned them into TDs. Mark Sanchez didn't have a big stat day but the kid continued to play the position with considerable flair and poise.

The Ravens have quietly rebuilt the offensive side of a team known for years for defense. They have a young QB, young O linemen, young RBs and a young coach to boot. They continued their pattern of showing weak teams no mercy, drubbing the Browns 34-3. Shoudl have given the points here. Is the Brady Quinn experiment over after 2 1/2 games?

Another surprise team is the Broncos, 3-0 after a thorough whipping of the Raiders. How bad was JaMarcus Russell? 12-21, 61 yards and 2 Ints bad. Tom Cable faces a tough decision. Maybe they should have kept Jeff Garcia.

How lucky are the Bears? A week after getting past the steelers after the latter blew two easy FGs, they get by the Seahawks after they...blew two easy FGs. Note to Lovie, this is not a game plan you can rely on.

Also in the surprise category are the proud Pittsburg Steelers, now 1-2 after watching Carson Palmer toss a TD pass with 14 seconds left. I noted this game could be payback time for teh Bengals and that's the way it turned out. Question: if yoiuare behind 3 with 14 seconds to play, don't you at least try to run off one offensive play? The steelers opted to play toss around on the kickoff and ate up the clock. Time to start earning that paycheck, Mike Tomlin.

Next question: if you are behind four with 10 seconds left and the ball on the opponent's 40, what do you do? If you're the Minnesota Vikings, you have your 39 year old QB roll right, dodge a couple of tacklers and unleash a 50 yard laser to the back line of the endzone between three defenders for the winning TD.

If you're the Washington Redskins, you have your 6-5. 27 year old stud QB toss a 10 yard pass and have your receivers play toss around until they are tackled to cap a humiliating loss in detroit.

A lot of people had picked the Lions to end their losing streak at home against the Skins , and that's exactly how it worked out. The Skins defense, so impressive on paper, once again turned in a subpar effort and allowed the Lions several long drives. Interception machine Matt Stafford looked like Joe Monanta against the porous skins defense. Skins QB Jason Campbell had an outstanding stat day, 27-41, 340 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, but again had trouble finding the endzone. DEFCON five in Dc this week.

#56     Sep 28, 2009
  7. And that is the talk of the town here.

Mangini said he'd ride 1 pony all year and after 2.5 games, brought in the other pony. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

I'll say this - DA drove the team down and got us points. I know, it was a FG but a moral victory.

DA also threw 3 INTs, which is par for the course. He's got a hell of a strong arm, but likes to force the ball too much; whereas Quinn constantly checks down and just throws the safe 0-4 yard pass.

It's pathetic overall.

But, that too has been par for the course w/ this team since returning.

I think trading Winslow just decimated the offense. We have 1 threat (Edwards) and that's it. Nothing more. K2 was at least a very nice #2 and now we don't have that simply b/c the new sheriff in town wanted to show he was the boss.

:confused:

#57     Sep 28, 2009
  8. :D

lmao - what a play that was. unreal.

#58     Sep 28, 2009
  9. Opening lines for week 4.

NFL Lines For Week 4 - NFL Football Line Week Four
    NFL Line 10/4 - 10/5, 2009
    Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
    10/4 1:00 ET At Houston -9.5 Oakland 41.5
    10/4 1:00 ET Tennessee -3 At Jacksonville 41
    10/4 1:00 ET At New England -2 Baltimore 44.5
    10/4 1:00 ET Cincinnati -5 At Cleveland 38.5
    10/4 1:00 ET NY Giants -9 At Kansas City 42.5
    10/4 1:00 ET At Chicago -10.5 Detroit 38
    10/4 1:00 ET At Washington -7 Tampa Bay 36.5
    10/4 1:00 ET At Indianapolis Off Seattle Off
    10/4 4:05 ET At New Orleans -6.5 NY Jets 45.5
    10/4 4:05 ET Buffalo -1.5 At Miami 36.5
    10/4 4:15 ET At San Francisco -10 St. Louis 38
    10/4 4:15 ET Dallas -2.5 At Denver 44
    10/4 8:20 ET At Pittsburgh -6.5 San Diego 43

Monday Night Football Line

10/5 8:35 ET At Minnesota -3.5 Green Bay 46

Bye Weeks: Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Philadelphia

Off = No line available yet due to an injury situation or Sunday night/Monday night

#59     Sep 28, 2009
  10. timcar

timcar

Hey AAA keep us informed what they are saying about the SKINS this week.
    Did Haynesworth get carted off the field?????

Good news AAA after this week’s games the SKINS will have the same record as last years Super Bowl champs both will be 2-2.

Look for picks later in the week.

#60     Sep 28, 2009