The Nasdaq bottoms today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by deadreader, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Just want to get this down for the record. Today is the begining of a new bull market.

If you're not 100% long stocks by the close than you've missed the bottom.

-----------------------------------------------------
    October 8th 2002 4:33 AM ET

2. Ditch

Ditch

What makes you think that?

3. Yeah today was the bottom, just like every other day for the last two years.

Runningbear

4. Just like when we got to the top, when the most unsavvy investors / traders start opening up new accounts at Dean Witter and sticking it in the "Big Bad Bear" fund, then we will know that the bottom is upon us.

In the meantime, the trend is obviously down. We won't have a bottom until something "amazing" happens to the market (i.e. crash). You can't have a recovery until it gets really bloody. This is just a warm-up but the fat lady is still off-stage.

5. oh for sure, today's definitely the bottom..

6. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I guess its official then. Market is going down today.

7. Just wanted to add some other folks 2 cents worth:

Alan Farley of Hardrightedge seems to be looking for some type of rally in the near future per today's post.

And at Dynamic Traders.com Robert Miner is also calling for a low this week, most likely OCT 10, and the beginning of a corrective rally, "lasting weeks, if not months". Don't forget however, 2 months qualifies as "months".

Martin Weiss is still looking for 7100-7200 near term. He is also looking for 6000 if we would "smash" thru 7100. If the above two prognosticators are accurate then he won't be this time around.

For the record, I am not associated with any of these guys and am not soliciting for them in any way.

8. doher

doher

happy days r here again:eek:

9. deadreader-----
    kudos to you for sticking your neck out here, Its funny I just programmed my "whamo" basket for a near term rip up.:cool:

10. hope I did not miss the rally !!!

whew ....

lets see nas100 down to 800 at 11:15 am EST

nahhhhhh ...

#10     Oct 8, 2002