The Narrowing of the US Tax Base....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 19, 2009.

1. It is an oppressive government. But soon, the choice will be oppressive government that picks your pocket or an oppressive government that doesn't.

That's the part you're missing.

BTW, you can have a Singapore citizenship and actually LIVE in the Virgin Islands and get taxed as an Islander. If you live in the Virgin Islands as a U.S. citizen, the U.S. still taxes you.

#81     Jul 21, 2009
  2. Not even. The American Nobility in congress are animals more equal than others.

The are exempting themselves from this "better" and "cheaper" healthcare they are imposing on us.

Even after one term served, they get full pension and health benefits for life.

They are EXEMPT FROM INSIDER TRADING LAWS. That's right....they have made it fully legal for themselves to trade on insider information.

Just like in the Soviet Union.

On what planet is this equal?

#82     Jul 21, 2009
  3. Silly you. Of course, I meant "everybody except the government".

I've often said, "we'll end up like the Soviet Union before its collapse". Is that right or not? It's so blatantly obvious to me... I don't understand how more Americans can't see it. You likely know better than most.

#83     Jul 21, 2009
  4. What do you think is more important to an entrepreneur- freedom to litter, or freedom to keep more than 50% of earnings?

Singapore: 20% personal tax, 18% corporate tax, and 0% cap-gains tax.

#84     Jul 21, 2009
  5. nickdes

nickdes

Did you forget about 9.11 *

Thought you did, please snap out of the forgetful stage of your life.

Nick

#85     Jul 21, 2009
  6. I have been researching the St Kitts & Nevis economic citizenship program for a while now, and it is far and away the quickest route to expatriation. Basically 200K plus legal fees gets you a second passport. I would bet business is booming right now.

#86     Jul 21, 2009