The Narrowing of the US Tax Base....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Interesting....

"Hollywood" understands what "Hollywood Economics" really are .....

Let's make it crystal clear....

One has to replant the orchard....

This is not going to happen without being able to undercut "BRIC"....

Bush started cutting down the orchard while removing freedom....and Obama is doing the same....2X+....

Tax restructuring along with the full removal of legal largesse are "must haves".....

Summers knows this well....but has proposed nothing meaningful....

Nothing meaningful has been proposed by anyone....who has the podium.... No one....

Pathetic....and proof positive the two party advertising lobbyist system has got to go....

End of story....

#51     Jul 20, 2009
  2. WHATEVER IS IS SPENT MUST EVENTUALLY BE TAXED, PLUS *INTEREST* FROM US.

These people, both Dems and Repubs must be thinking that THEY wont be the ones paying, I guess, because the debt is literally going to the moon.

#52     Jul 20, 2009
  3. They won't be paying. They are the new aristocracy, or more accurately the new <i>Nomenklatura</i>. The <i>Nomenklatura</i> (for the unfamiliar) were the collection of barely humans who ran the Soviet Union and distributed the paltry created wealth, stealing most of it for themselves.

Congress is exempt from BOTH the new socialized medicine they are trying to impose on the rest of us serfs AND from insider trading laws.

That's right.

Insider trading is PERFECTLY LEGAL for congressmen.

#53     Jul 20, 2009
  4. There are other important provisions for Congress which don't apply to us, the hoi polloi.... provisions which we pay for, of course.

That's why the USA appears to be an oligarchy rule society... and "we the people" are here simply to serve those in power and their cronies. Quite the opposite of the Founding Fathers original designs.

:mad:

#54     Jul 20, 2009
  5. Vista

Vista

#55     Jul 20, 2009
  6. Sir,

There is only one upside to this chart. It makes it easier for the few to go "on strike" and send the government scrambling for incentives to actually work and invest (and stop immigrating out of the country!).

Without Gulags, even dear Stalin found he could not force workers to perform. And then, even in the Gulags, labour did not perform. The lessons of history, it seems, are never learned. There is a Russian saying: The only thing history teaches us is that history teaches us nothing.

#56     Jul 20, 2009
  7. slacker

slacker

Taxation without representation...
    First California then New York. Watch the Unions do to the USA what they did to the car industry....

Join a Union or get a job in Government.... Hope and Change.

#57     Jul 20, 2009
  8. My feeling exactly. Where are you looking, and how do you plan to preserve wealth in the interim?

Thanks.

#58     Jul 21, 2009
  9. This is not taxation without representation. You have elected representatives, they just arent doing what you would like them to do. I feel the same way but tea baggers are retarded.

#60     Jul 21, 2009