The Narrowing of the US Tax Base....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 19, 2009.

1. My State Income Tax rate is 4.65%. Sales TAx is 8.3%... my home Property Tax is about $6,000...

You can add up the rest...

And no, it's not an opinion and I didn't make it up, azzhole!

Not much worse than current tax rates (I wouldn't start up a small business under current rates, either), but the principle is the same. The more they tax small business the less they will eventually get... as those who can "do the math" will say Screw YOU, OBAMA!

#21     Jul 20, 2009
  2. You made the comment, so back your argument up with facts. How much more exactly do you pay under Obama's plan than Bush. Lets see numbers.

PS You people who complain about taxes crack me up. We have a freaking war (actually 2) to pay for. Its your patriotic duty to help pay for the war. I never hear word 1 complaining about Bush spending trillions of our tax dollars on a war. Never a peep. But give a poor person the opportunity of having health care, and the world is ending. Of course the whole health care plan over 10 years costs much less than the war.

#22     Jul 20, 2009
  3. You weren't listening, but that's no surprise... You Libtards seem to hear only what you want to hear. LOTS of people complained about Bush's war deficits...

Please, do your own thinking. If you can't figure it out, I'm not going to spoon feed you.

#23     Jul 20, 2009
  4. If you want to argue a point, you need to provide supporting examples and statistics. You know, facts and figures. You don't make a broad statement, then tell someone to "figure it out" themselves, that's not how to have a discussion. If you want people to take your argument seriously, be prepared to be able to supplement it with data.

#24     Jul 20, 2009
  5. I wasn't "making an argument", "challenging a statement", or "soliciting a discussion"... I was making a statement. The conclusion to which is, "the total tax burden is already so high that it could be a dis-incentive to starting a small business".

You appear to be confronting the notion that "taxes are already so high"... yet you can't/won't look up the tax rates.. You're just ASTONISHED the government is already HOSING THE CRAP out of people and business, and "surely there must be more room for higher taxes to pay for Libtard benefits"...

After all, "the small businessman (who could be paying 65% in taxes or more) is a GREEDY BASTARD, hoarding his money and not rushing out to give more to poor, unfortunate, lay-abouts." Right?

#25     Jul 20, 2009
  6. u r priceless. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :D :D :D

#26     Jul 20, 2009
  7. People often smile when they've made a fool of themselves... I do, too.

#27     Jul 20, 2009
  8. An important way to view the current situation is to examine one country's costs of production versus another....

The label of the cost does not matter....it could be oil, wood, plastic, machines, taxes.....there are lots of labels....

Let's say one country is pitted versus another via competitive costs gratis globalization....

If most production costs appear to be cut to the bone in terms of material and labor....one must look at the other costs in order to be able to better position the overall economy....

What is unique about the tax component is that its overall take depends on a country's competitive position....

The tax take grows as the country's production grows....and vice versa....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world

China .....25 corp.....5-45 Individual....17 Vat

If US.....0......0......10/5 C tax........

The US 15% C tax would better position the US vs China....and would allow for a larger take in a relatively short period of time....

..............................................................................

And do not forget "Freedom"....."Individual Freedom" is above all....

#28     Jul 20, 2009
  9. That's America's BIGGEST disappointment... it's being taken away from us by our own government at rapid-fire pace. :mad:

#29     Jul 20, 2009
  10. Jim Puplava at financialsense.com did a great piece on the coming tax increases. It's staggering. The health care plan is even more absurd. The interview with the former canadian attorney about their health care system was eye-opening, that's consistent with what I've been told by upper-middle to upper class Canadian citizens.

#30     Jul 20, 2009