The narratives, they'll be a changin'...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Feel free to participate if you want. I'm going to keep this thread as an example of all of the narratives that were moving in one direction under Trump, only to shift suddenly or gradually over time as Biden moves in.

Bonus points for correct predictions.

Liberals can play at this game as well - there are republican narratives that will flip and I encourage folks to bring them up (see comments on hypocrisy in other threads)

My current predictions, listed in other threads earlier (links can be provided upon request):

1. ANTIFA and BLM rioters and activists will be told to stand down or their violence not tolerated now that Biden was elected and "racism is solved".

2. We'll find a way to live with COVID without locking down and impacting the economy (either because we will "find" that it is less lethal or new research will benefit the "herd immunity" theory, etc). They won't want a damaged economy under a democrat.

To that point, I enter into evidence...suddenly it is time to activate the National Guard in Portland. I guess they had "enough".

elderado likes this.
  2. ph1l

ph1l

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...spanics-money-no-blue-wave-column/6160015002/

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

4. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

The obvious is Covid-19 will all of sudden "starting to get under control"
    "moving in the right direction" "light at the end of the tunnel"

Media will no longer be counting deaths.

Another will focus on how foreign leaders respect America so much now. lol.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. Maybe not.

America is experiencing "record" Covid... 100k in a day for new cases.

Accelerating Covid in Europe with lockdowns.

My wife works at a hospital... ALL elective cases have been suspended due to the high percentage of available facilities being occupied by Covid infected. UK has said, "95% of ICU beds currently occupied by Covid cases". (That ain't chopped liver!)

Though our government wants us to take a "cavalier approach" to Covid for "political/economic concerns", suggest a more conservative attitude for now. Let's see how we get through these winter months of colds/flu/Covid(?) season before we make plans.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  6. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Right, but the media will no longer be portraying it as 'out of control' since they are
    an extension of the dem party.

7. True. And a major threat to the survival of "America".

8. ph1l

ph1l

The blue wave that started in 2018 has been redshirted until further notice!:D So the Democrats might try something different next time.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Not a change, per se, but a continuation. Pot stocks to the moon when weed is legalized federally, and banks can process the monies.

Oh, and Biden dies from complications due to dementia before first term is up.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You think he dies?

#10     Nov 5, 2020