The myth of quality European banking

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trading1, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Are you trying to audition for the position of a town idiot gastropod? Wild generalizations are likely to be wrong and stupid 100% of the time, good job.

#31     Sep 28, 2009
  2. I might suggest that you perform an "impossible physical act upon yourself!!!" I live in Texas.....just this week one of the Moslem "intelligentsia" tried to blow up a skyscraper in Dallas. Maybe a Moslem apologist might try to shake that off...but, they didn't see the TV news reports down here! The people who knew him could NOT believe that he would try to blow up a building!!! You just need to understand the "Moslem" way...they can be OK with the "khafir" for a while...but, then one day the imam gives a speech (or they read the Quran a "different" way) and voila - time to blow up the khafir!!! Khafir - any non Moslem!!!

You want to see rant?!?!?!? I'll show you rant!!!! Anybody disagree here????? Check out this site - http://www.faithfreedom.org/

#32     Sep 28, 2009
  3. I could not agree more.

Fact is the European banking system is far more automated than any US commercial bank. An electronic transfer within Europe is virtually free of charge and takes hours to process. An international wire (nobody wires money inside of Europe because of our own electronic transfer system, described above) takes longer... 1-3 bus days and that is in no way any longer than your average American commercial bank, heck, even IB often takes that long to wire funds between countries (although they have improved a lot).

The rest the post I also fully agree with. Maybe some of the American exchange students and fun tourists in Europe should start shutting up, their business really is unwanted by most European banks (1) low account balances (2) unconventional requests, (3) the typical bitching about everything non-American as usual, (4) requesting the world to speak English (5) US regulatory reporting requirements which make it a hassle to set up accounts for American citizens in Europe.

And now as the once mighty US banks and US insurance corporations and car manufacturers (should I include UK banks as well?) have brought the world down and the dollar is going straight to hell (even advocated by US former trade guru Zoellick) some of our American friends have nothing better to do than bitching about the Euro. Simply pathetic!!! I stress that this is fortunately a small minority of the American people. Most others are too dumb and uneducated to even care or know and the remaining educated elite knows better....

Dont even get me started on US banks. 24/7 telephone harassment, junk mail, being on hold for 20-30 minutes, having to call because they charged you fees they should not have, a totally ridiculous credit scoring system to obtain credit (linking it to obtaining health/car insurance, yes, even for job applications). The problem with a lot of American products such as e-banking is that they were pioneered in the US and nobody followed up to improve them. Thats the good part of the US banking story the bad part is the other 70% of inter bank communication which is still handled through paper and fax while the rest of the world has gone electronic.

Usually those mishaps are highly correlated with your account balance and how much profit you generate for the bank. Unfortunately my experience seems very uncorrelated. It did not seem to make a difference whether you are student on student budget with a simple checking or whether you work on Wall Street and get a premier bank account. They just keep on trying to sell you shit you really made clear you dont want.

#33     Sep 28, 2009
  4. Don't forget the dumb local municipalities in Europe that bought American mortgage backed securities... oh wait that doesn't fit your America bashing. Carry on.

#34     Sep 28, 2009
  5. lawsuit due to misrepresentation pending...

Seriously we are talking couple organizations vs. several dozen million people...keep things in perspective buddy!!! Most Europeans speak at least another foreign language close to fluently, Chinese speak most often 1 or 2 additional dialects, Japanese have a keen interest in foreign cultures, where does this leave the average American? Seriously, show me where I am making stuff up...

By the way, not a SINGLE comment on the US/European banking system comparison?

#35     Sep 28, 2009
  6. CTan

CTan

Ever notice the irony that "religion of peace" breeds the highest number of terrorists?

Wonder why.

Chris.

#36     Sep 29, 2009