The myth of quality European banking

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trading1, Sep 18, 2009.

1. I once had outdated details given to me from a European bank and my funds transfer went of into limbo (for months). Even with this they expect no outrage. Another time, a transfer also went astray and took alot of follow up. They just shrug at any sort of misadventure like this, they just don't seem to care.

Once, I had a transfer momentarily go into the wrong account in Canada. The response was like SWAT team, they acted with responsibility, sorted everything out, keep me informed, and basically treated everything for their customer as they would for themselves.

#11     Sep 19, 2009
  2. American banks are horrible. Wires costs at least $25 to process, you have insane overdraft fees, wires take 7 days to process. When i do a wire in Europe because of IBAN it takes at most a day and is completely free...

#12     Sep 19, 2009
  3. Not sure which bank you're referring to. The U.S. banks I've always used process wire requests in an hour or so...and I've been doing this for years. Which bank takes 7 days to process a wire for you?

#13     Sep 19, 2009
  4. I've never had a free wire transfer in Europe, is that between countrys?

#14     Sep 19, 2009
  5. The lastest problematic bank is in Denmark. (PM & I'll mention the name). The swiss, I've had also bad dealings with, both times when funds went astray involved the swiss, and they do not hear about a complaint. They simply don't respond to news they don't want to hear about. I don't like being totally ignored, I'd prefer the American hardsell, its just a matter of personal choice.

#15     Sep 19, 2009
  6. international wires last up to 2-3 days,
    this is common in europe.
    domestic transfers can depent on what time you make
    your transfer, most banks in europe process transfers
    once a day only, example if they process at 1pm all
    pending orders ( like Deutsche Bank does ) and you have
    made your wire order at 2pm it will last 2 days before it arrieves,
    if you gave your order at 10am it will be processed same day and arieve same or ( mostly ) next day.
    i am refering to online banking here

#16     Sep 19, 2009
  7. 1 EUR = 1.4701 USD. No more comment needed. :p

Bankers are as good as the currency.

#17     Sep 19, 2009
  8. Alexis

Alexis

myth No1:

Europeans never work.

(We work less, but create as much added value, thanks to higher productivity, don't ask me how and why)

and myth No2:

Europeans are not medically treated if they are sick and too old, because local governemnt don't wanna pay for old people who're gonna die anyway

(lol :p , pleaaase, just ask before believing that!)

#18     Sep 19, 2009
  9. Cheese

Cheese

In large coporate bureaucracies or government bureaucracies across the world there is little or no effective leadership at all levels, sometimes including the very top. It is the human condition of apathy and petty self interest which is the center of gravity.

You have to do no more than understand that few can lead effectively and few can hack out success alone. If still you do not understand what is around you locally as well as worldwide, look no further than the human condition. Learn to know it well. And then fill up on your own desire to get things done. Remember you alone manage your own fate.
    :)

#19     Sep 19, 2009
  10. ( 38 / 1 ) = 38

( 340 / 10 ) = 34

Ok, Norway and France and whomever may "make" more per hour...but, they work so many fewer hours...

Mom0/pH0x - I am curious...how (if at all) is your name relevant to you??? Are you a "Mom" and a "Fox"??? are you a "Mom" with a low pH - meaning you are acidic and hence the name "Mom0/pH0x"??? Enquiring ET'ers wanna know! :D

-gastropod

#20     Sep 20, 2009