The Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hcour, Nov 7, 2005.

1. #11     Nov 10, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

vhehn,

Thanks for the rec, always looking for a really good family movie. Great cast in this one.

Dakota Fanning is like a very small Meryl Streep. She's 11 yrs old, for crimeny, look at the diversity of roles she's played.

H

#12     Nov 10, 2005
  3. A History of Violence is very good.

#13     Nov 10, 2005
  4. Great review. I totally agree with you about Episode I and II sucking major ass. The characters were awful (Jar-Jar Binks was undoubtedly the worst creation in movie history). The plot was brutally slow and the cast was questionable at best. Whoever cast the young Darth Vador should be banned from Hollywood. That kid was abysmal. Everytime he spoke it looked like he was reading off a cue card.

Overall, I thought they were a total train wreck and would never watch them again.

#14     Nov 10, 2005
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

Yeah, I forgot about Jar-Jar. I share your contempt. (I think he was in the parade of mourners at Princess whats-her-name's funeral.)

H

#15     Nov 11, 2005
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

I haven't seen it yet, but I love Cronenberg.

If you're a Viggo Mortensen fan, he played a great part in a little-seen flick called The Prophecy, before he made it big in LOTR. He plays none other than ole Scratch himself, and he's excellent. It's a great little thriller.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0114194/

Harold

#16     Nov 11, 2005
  7. hcour

hcour Guest

Magna,

Thanks for the links. Interesting.

I'd have a hard time naming the "greatest films of all time". I could probably make a list of my "favorites of all time", but I don't think I could keep it under 100. I like all genres, and there are just too many good movies out there.

H

#17     Nov 11, 2005
  8. I did a search on harold's take on a pullback and I ended up here. So here goes. I am a huge kubrick fan and one day a couple of years ago I noticed he had another film, his first in fact .
    I think it was called "The Hiest". well anyway, this film was made well before stan had any self confidence. this thing played like some 50's crime flick which of course is exactly what it was. not particularly gritty, unique or anything else. I'm not trying to be cruel to stan but if your a fan and you discover this flick,well dont get your hopes up, man. Given what came after (i think strangelove was next) it is just to painfully dull.

#18     Feb 27, 2006
  9. saxon

saxon

Another excellent Aronofsky film is "Pi", starring my hero,

...hit return...

EUCLID !!

:D

#19     Feb 28, 2006
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I meant to see this after seeing the previews but forgot all about it. Glad you reminded me.

#20     Feb 28, 2006