The most successful automated system in the world

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by WmWaster, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Thanks for letting us know your manual trading achieved 1,400% a year. :cool:

#11     Jul 1, 2006
  2. Hi WmWaster

Here's a link to Futures Truth Magazine:

http://www.futurestruth.com/

It will inform you about all of the systems which are available to the public.

However, as has been previously mentioned, the optimal private systems would not be sold (uh, because they don't need to be).

BTW, great performance for the year thus far! :D

Later,

Jimmy

#12     Jul 1, 2006
  3. The most successful manual system in the world. :cool:

#13     Jul 1, 2006
  4. zuijlen

zuijlen

5. m4a1

m4a1

rufus, is this kind of performance typical for someone at an ibank prop desk? or would you say this is particularly outstanding? what would be the typical performance of someone at an ibank prop desk? thanks.

#15     Jul 2, 2006
  6. The most successful automated system in the world is the
    one you can trade. Dont think because a system is successful
    for someone else it can be successful for you too.

#16     Jul 2, 2006
  7. mjh

mjh

I have used wealthLab for over 3 years and have made a ton of money. I've lost some too but I am curently about 171% up for this year. You can no longer buy it as a stand alone procuct unless you do not live in the U.S. or Canada, but you can get it from Fidelity if u have an account with them.

Their website/forum/support is unbelievabley fast and knowledgable and they have helped myself and others a hundred times. Even if you don't code your own Chartsripts you can use an existing database or create your own with ChartWizard to customize your trading style. I suggest you try it for 30 days (free with no strings attached) B$ you commit $650 bucks.

http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/home

Hope this helps.

--mjh

#17     Jul 2, 2006
  8. mjh

mjh

It’s pretty simple actually. I use a simple tool in WealthLab that tracks and reports not only my win/loss ratio but, it also calculates Sharp Ratio, Ulcer Index, Luck coefficient, drawdown or 1,3, 5, 10 or whatever ---days, months, or years of trading data/history per market or equity or basket of stocks or watch list or whatever.

I would then (on a weekly basis) do a manual gross to net and net/net asset allocation and expenditure (including slippage/ fee’s etc.) and viola –it’s done!

Hope that answered your question.

--mjh

#18     Jul 2, 2006
  9. this guy runs systems which are listed in futurestruth magazine.

www.clayburg.com

while you won't "get rich quick", the systems are profitable over time.

as far as your questions/comments are concerned, well, if you believe that is tru, put your money on the line.

#19     Jul 2, 2006
  10. Yes, you are right.

I'm burning severely now.
    I don't realise autotrading can be so profitable WITH low drawdown AND low losing streak. How could that be possible? I'm too ignorant. :(

I have once tried to backtest some of my crude auotmated systems. They are profitable in long-term, but the "drawdown and losing streak" would make you uncomfortable.

Eg: You have $100k. It rose to $120k, but it fell back to $100k (or even a bit lower) later, so I'm at the start again. Normally I won't let this sort thing to ever happen if I manual trade, because I have stopped trading already before it has a chance to fall back to the start point.

Although it broke the old high ultimately, I'm uneasy with such a high drawdown AND losing streak. :(

Time to invest more on automated system in near future before I get too old to trade manually. :cool:

[Probably not buying/renting others, but develop my own ;) ]

#20     Jul 2, 2006