The Most Loathsome American Politicians and Preachers of 2011

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jem

jem

You have it all wrong. Peoples freedom to practice religion was one of the founding principles of this country. So much so that in order get the Constitution ratified by enough states, the states had to be assured the Federal Govt would not pick a denomination. Hence the Bill of Rights...

Why were the states concerned about this? Because 3/4 of them had very stong ties to religion. Some states had the equivalent of a state denomination. Christianity was taught in public schools. State office holders had to swear oaths to God or Jesus. God was part of the foundation of this country.

The left has been pulling religion out of the public sphere ever since. It began in the 50s in earnest with the activist Supreme Court. Look at the results.

#51     Feb 10, 2012
  2. c, this year is not the year for centrists, you must pick a side, you lean left, they can see that, so just fuk em and come on over. Lean Forward, my friend:D

#52     Feb 11, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Ill give you this one, the play on MSNBC's slogan was pretty funny.... but most people wont get it..... laughed pretty hard at that one..... :D

#53     Feb 11, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

funny post by the OP.. I guess he's not a conservative? So my two questions to the OP, and it's the same questions we've been trying to get answers to for decades: 1) How is the Left going to pay for all the programs? 2) If people on the Left are so smart how come they are not wealthy?

#54     Feb 11, 2012
  5. Well if c is gonna be a centrist, especially down here, he had better be getting his daily dose of Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Drudge, Maddow, Schultz, O'Donnell, and Matthews. He has gotta know both sides completely. I do hope he did get it:D

#55     Feb 11, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

He is about to get a pretty steady dose of "Conservative foot in ass," if he doesnt learn pretty quickly...... :D

[​IMG]

#56     Feb 11, 2012
  7. Pretty funny, have to admit. I actually do listen and watch most of what was listed above. Where I work, we have mostly right leaning, no pun intended, traders. I listen all day. I do turn on Limbaugh, but I know I'll be yelled at for saying this, but I think old Rush has lost his mojo. Just not the guy he was back in the Clinton days 'America Held Hostage day 445' for 8 years.

I actually apologized a bit, and thanked you in another thread, this morning. I'l cut and paste:

Fair enough, good read, thanks for the clarification. As I've just mentioned in another thread, there are probably many more similar positions we have, when everything is considered, than the highly charged opposing views. I agree with you on the war issues, it seems. I'm not strongly religious, but respect those who are, and their feelings.

The 'centrist' label, and I really hate most labeling anyway, was placed on me here on ET, fwiw. I have said several times, the simple truth that I am registered as an Independent forever, didn't vote for Clinton, didn't vote for Bush either. Not a great voting record it seems. I did vote for Obama, as did my many far right friends and business associates. And, I'm not real happy with him. However, I am a bit concerned about the alternatives from the right as well.

I apologize if I came off too strong, or too weak, just trying to be me.

And, I actually do thank you for posting your overall leanings.

I'm not ready to give up my social liberalism, nor my fiscal conservatism at this point. I do enjoy the conversations here, as painful as they may be at times.

Have to get back to watching Top Shot - these people are good.

c

#57     Feb 11, 2012
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

1) Tax the rich. Obviously you have a hearing disorder because we've been saying it for years. So blame yourself, not us.

TAX THE RICH!!

It'll solve the fiscal problems overnight. But as long as the wealthy plutocrats and their toadies stand in the way of common sense and common decency, we'll have to keep fighting for what's right.

2) Being smart is no guarantee of getting wealthy. Some people are born lucky: they start out life rich. We have had for some years now the situation where most of America's rich inherited it. That leads to a class of silver spooners and trust-fund babies who are almost all plutocrats. They've never known privation and go through life wanting more and more wealth. Who else could come up with a psycho "philosophy" like "you can never be too thin or too rich"?

A genius named Sir Isaac Newton lost a fortune in the South Sea Bubble. Just being smart is no guaranteed road to riches. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be smart. Being a dumbass is no guaranteed road to riches either.

#58     Feb 11, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

What a fucking moron.

#59     Feb 11, 2012