the most liquid and tightest spread on futures options is...

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Aug 14, 2008.

1. also, looking at CME Globex Euro options..not as liquid but good price per .0050 move

#21     Aug 22, 2008
  2. In stocks, depending on various factors, I usually have 2 - 5 contracts on each side. 10 is ideal. It all depends on your account and the premium. I'm no expert with options, but the only time I've ever consistently made money in options is selling them.

#22     Aug 22, 2008
  3. What's the advantage of futures over QQQQ options?

#23     Aug 22, 2008
  4. much greater leverage per your dollar amount in your account with futures...but leverage can go both ways

#24     Aug 22, 2008
  5. hlpsg

hlpsg

kiwi_trader, how do you get access to these options? Are they available on TOS or IB? Thanks.

#25     Aug 23, 2008
  6. On IB. I don't know if USA(nians) can trade them though.

#26     Aug 23, 2008
  7. hlpsg

hlpsg

ok thanks.

#27     Aug 23, 2008
  8. You can trade futures options on TOS via the trade tab. Enter the futures symbol (/NQ for nasdaq) and the various options are listed, not just the active month.

Liquidity and volume seem extremely low however even on the active month.

#28     Aug 23, 2008
  9. I've FOUND THEM:
    great liquidity and tight bid/ask spreads:

Cme globex emini sp options
    Cme globex Euro FX currency options
    CME/CBOT group 30 year Tbond options

I'm looking at trading them now...

#29     Aug 25, 2008
  10. Fellas, you all keep repeating this nonsense. I make markets in the product both in the pit and on the screen and the pit is MUCH more liquid. That's why it still has 90% of the business from 7:20 to 2:00. When I get hit on anything on the screen it's just gravy for me because my markets are so wide.

#30     Aug 26, 2008