The Most Insightful Articles ABout Trading and Investing!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Jul 23, 2011.

1. shneed

shneed

I've been trading full time since 1998. In the beginning obviously I was losing more than winning, until I read an article by Art Cashin. In it he wrote that when he wants to buy a stock, he hits the offer, and when he wants to sell it he hits the bid. That simple advice changed my trading forever. While I will often sit on the bid or offer these days, it's still the basic hitting the offer to get in or the bid to get out or shorting that gives me the most profit.

#251     Sep 4, 2011
  2. I tried that when I first started trading and I ended up very confused.

When developing a system.. For me, it helps to understand why I want to buy or sell. Then, I have something to change if something isn't working right.

That's just what works for me.. People have different approaches.

#252     Sep 4, 2011
  3. I would guess that Jack is full of it when it comes to his trading claims.

But you gotta admit, the dude makes on hell of a chocolate bar!

#253     Sep 10, 2011
  4. All the good trading articles can be found here:

www.stocktrading.com/articles.html

And, yes, I'm am fully 'tongue in cheek' at this point, but you might enjoy some of them.

Don

#254     Sep 10, 2011
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. 777

Too general to be true.

And things change faster and faster now so many winning traders have become losing traders.

I know 6 people who were strong winners daytrading 15 years ago. All lost their edge and quit.

Time, experience and passion are not always enough.

Trying to hook up on a personal with winning traders is often best, but impossible for most.

#255     Nov 6, 2017
  6. Sprout

Sprout

What have you been learning from these older threads that you bump up?

I’ve been appreciative in that your net sometimes pulls in over-looked threads to members I follow.

Keep up the good work!

#256     Nov 7, 2017
    murray t turtle and 777 like this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

Btw, there’s some great distinctions in this thread - especially the nuances jack discussed that can thwart attempts of successful reproduction of his method.

Some seem to be common pitfalls that are within the transition of trading successfully with any chosen methodology and others that are specifically inherent in his.

#257     Nov 7, 2017
    777 likes this.
  8. %% I could not get that link to work but ,curious, so i clicked his Bright Co... 2017 notes say ''as markets climb higher.....'':cool:

#258     Nov 7, 2017