The Most Insightful Articles ABout Trading and Investing!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Jul 23, 2011.

1. could anyone post a chart with the 4 corresponding volume moves.i mean real chart,not crayola?

#241     Aug 20, 2011
  2. Hi Jack,

I have been trading the beginners equity method and wanted to ask you a very brief question.

I see you have simplified the whole thing with the 1 pager you have posted several times.

If I may...

1. Does the FRV have to be maintained every half hour to stay in the trade or only by EOD as specified in the journals?

2. Same question for PRV. I know that traditionally we exited on this and now it appears, as long as it maintains we hold. Is this correct and is it also done by half hour or EOD?

Thank you. I know we have had a fun history together in the past, but I am here to succeed and learn.

-Kim

#242     Sep 1, 2011
  3. Specterx

Specterx

How's one out of four?

#243     Sep 1, 2011
  4. Hey everyone, obviously a single book or article can't make you a great trader. However, when I was just getting started, I read a great book that really got into the trading psychology. It's called Tools and Tactics for the Master Day Trader. It's by Oliver Velez and Greg Capra. I don't necessarily love how Oliver Velez has run his companies and I'm not supporting the authors necessarily, but the book actually has some good solid analogies and points of interest. I'm not a day trader, but much of the book was applicable to all styles of trading. It's not super-advanced, so if you're looking for something technical, it's probably the wrong read. Thanks.

#244     Sep 2, 2011

5. I get a lot of "ha ha" moments reading Elite Trader. In fact, I just got one now reading your post.

#245     Sep 4, 2011
  6. Wait. I followed up on this website and it leads to a John T. Hershey.

Is Jack and John the same person?

How do you come to the conclusion that he mooches off his ex-partner? I'm curious.

#246     Sep 4, 2011
  7. 4PurposeLiving and Joshdarnit

you are the two grandma`s talebearers

:D :D

#247     Sep 4, 2011
  8. Poor little old grandma.. Someone's gotta protect her from the big bad wolf.

Haha.

Nah.. I'm clueless about this Jack Hershey guy.. I'm so new to this site.

I did look into Hershey's "program" and it's a bit too complicated for my taste.

To each his own...

#248     Sep 4, 2011
  9. why you care about Shelly "The Machine" Levine then?

:D

#249     Sep 4, 2011
  10. Pretty much doing the opposite of all "conventional" wisdom.

None of these "trade the trend" guys can even quantitatively define when a trend begins and end but they sure are good at posting charts after the fact.

#250     Sep 4, 2011