The Most Insightful Articles ABout Trading and Investing!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Jul 23, 2011.

1. yes, for a lesser few we have /

#211     Aug 2, 2011
  2. After all that studyin', this is your conclusion.

Soup her, jean yes.

#212     Aug 2, 2011

3. You keep explaining that you do not understand.

You have also explained the basis of your lack of understanding.

My suggestion to you is to give up trying to understand. Also you may wish to go a better plave to understand trading the markets. Try doing some scientific research on how money is made in consideration of price change.

If you do any qnything at all you will find that there is a requirement to work to be able to build your mind.

For whatever reason, you are unable toassemble a few facts and see their relationships. Is their anyone in your environment who is a successful scientist? If so impose on that person to give you some direction.

If you find people who are like you, put in some effort to figure out where they are messing up.

All markets have a given granularity.

Do you know this? Because of granularity there can only be ten cases of adjacent bar configurations. your post is telling many readers you do not know this.

Trends overlap.

Can you rhink through that this ending of a trend has to be some sort of failure based on market variables. Can you figure out what variable leads what variable from this occurrence. your post is telling many readers you do not know this.

Fractals nest.

You state over and over that you find this to NOT be true. your post is telling many readers you do not know this mitaken belief of yours is untrue.

Can you take the time to figure out why you keep screwing up the principles? Especially comment 8. Mostly for the benefit of people such as you, I went through showing how you incorrectly get what you do. Then I posted how to correct your screw ups.

Why post to embarass yourself? I definnitely do not want people to be easily persuaded that I have the Holy Grail. you keep making common logic mistakes. Please get aquainted with Carnap ASAP.

you also need to consider that the inventor of a mathematics has NOTHING to do with the invention of paradigm theory (where orthogonality came fraom) or solving the riddle of inductiion. Two others did each of those things. Why not read both of these people to get your house in order.

You have a very simple fixation. Read Kabat Zinn and practice mindfulness so you can let go of your fixation and get on with something constructive for you.

I have no interest in debating anyone who baits me with irrationalities.

I was a very lucky guy from the time I got interested in money and markets. I have no experience of going what you and snake eye and others have been through.

Seeing nodoji not be able to add contracts to her trading was a tradegy on ET. But you detractors are so much worse off; you have no idea of how you are damaging your minds. nodoji took her feelings seriously and let them signal her to NOT add contracts to a collection of PA setups. Her husband, a programmer, was able to refine and code her setups so she just has a good return relative to their life needs.

Anyone can satisfy their lifestyle needs from the markets. Nodoji is a wonderful example of not haviing to be greedy.

Others here represent other things.

There are many traders out there who can trade in any way they are told. They easily understand when they are in the presence of a person who is a good trader. It is kind of a trait that these people have but did not necessarily cultivate. You can never be one of these kinds of people because of your approach to problem solving and not being able to do applied science. Blowinski and Covel and Hite and Goodboy and Bass and snake eye are others like you.

I'm lucky; I have the PhD's and the Tucson office and many many financial industry corporate owners and workers to relate to. You can look at TN to see the basic and clear example of a platform provider getting with the program. Go look at Pete Petersen and David Walker running their foundation. Petersen used to run Commerce and Walker ran the GAO. Read their foundation goals and accomplishments.

Everyone has a choice to be free and do what they want. That's what I can afford to do. Anyone I trade for on a POA basis for is making a contribution to society because they have that freedom to contribute.

You get to be a detractor because of me. You are just a self chosen parasite. I wish you were funny too.

#213     Aug 2, 2011
    Sprout likes this.
  4. :D Just because a person read Kabat Zinn doesn`t mean it gets him/her anywhere,and you know this very well.Or don`t?Why it took FF almost 10 years and he still getting it?

If you had Phd,you`d know what entry-levels,wich vast majority are on ET,need to go live in the market,and you would,quite the contrary, prevent them from doing what you suggest to do.

#214     Aug 2, 2011
  5. "I was a very lucky guy from the time I got interested in money and markets. "
    :D :D

Jack,back then a monkey was lucky,toooo!

Like i said, you and spider are just market commentators,but you doun`t have anything close to a trading method.

It`s just not working anymore,nowadays.Wake up!

#215     Aug 2, 2011
  6. Stop using the word "induction". When you bring it up in conversation, it is offensive to anyone who understands its meaning. Both Hume and Goldman would turn in their graves if they heard you. Your mental acuity is somewhere between a cockroach and the white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when your really thirsty.

#216     Aug 2, 2011
  7. People who expect me to believe they would do anything for my benefit ought to shampoo my crotch.

Arguing with you is like fucking someone with down syndrome. It may be good for a laugh, but you may realize your still dealing with a fucking retard.

icarus here states what he was cursing and sweating while reversing on bar 15.

He was obviously short after bar 13, expecting a reversal. Instead of reversal he got a retrace and had to display adeptness under fire.

If he was wrong expecting a reversal on bar 14, why does he think anybody would believe his confidence that bar 18 is going to be a retrace instead of reversal.

He states that he was "on the right side and being told to hold, and knows exactly where here is" on bar 17, p2 is next, then a retrace, p3, resumption/failure.

Yet three bars prior he obviously had no fucking clue where he was cause he had to reverse.

He is either lying about bar 15 or about bar 18.

Can't have it both.

If he knew that bar 18 was going to be part of retrace, he shouldn't have any problems anticipating the same on bars 14 and 15 and holding through them, instead of reversing after being caught on the wrong side of the market.

He can't differentiate between retrace and reversal. Neither can you.

Nobody can be profitable unless they are capable of this simple but rather elusive task.

QED

chart ES 09-11 7/29/2011

#217     Aug 3, 2011
  8. Yup that's gotta be it. I must be lying because it's plain to see YOU can't differentiate those two events.

Soup or genie us.

#218     Aug 3, 2011
  9. Your scenario for icarus may or may not be true.

Your ill chosen comments about me and my character are wholly reflections of you.

I certainly cannot help you out and that was your decision.

The chart displayed is not an annotated carryover chart from the prior day,

Using point 1 as point 1 of any fractal could be done by anyone based on any sort of reasons. Trading from point 1 is a long trade and a person holds lomg to take the total offer of the market.

Since the chart is anotated in parallelograms, it may be thought of as any chart made by anyone who picks any points he chooses to build the parallelogram. I do it in a different manner by building nested fractals from the finest observable building blocks (parallelograms). The granularity of the market lets me do this in a perfectly clear way without any noise nor anomolies in the market.

If a person is trading from point 1 to point 2 hw is making money on a dominant P, V first movement of a trend which has three movements.

He may or may not know that the market has but one trend pattern. At bar 15 he uses it as a point 3. His net at the time is the dominant move less the non dominant move or if he is alert and taking the whole offer of the market his net is the dominant move PLUS the non-dominant move. Thirdly he could be icarus and don an entry on bar 3 and a reversal short on bar 13 and arrived short at the lower end of bar 15. Two profitable trades in hand. At bar 15 he MUST be seeing the ftt of the fadter fractal short you say he is holding. So he goes long at point 3 on bar 15 and redumes making more money.

Does it matter if you are short and taking a retrace going to point 3 from point 2? Making money is making money. Do you have to fratde fromm point 1 to the FTT or can you take the moves inbetween. I do the 20 to 40 trades a day just because I like higher multiples of the daily range.

So far you are swelliing on the Friday chart over and over. You are missing the cogent use of the8 principles on Monday, Tuesday and today.

So bar 17 comes up between bars 15 and 18. Many people mentioned bar 17 here and I coevered it well enough and enough times to show it role. Acceleration of the medium fractal resulted and eliminated the incorrect annotation you are still stuck with on your silly chart. WE all know there was not a VE there because something unknown to you between bars 15 and 18 happened.

You think icarus is having it both ways since you can't see the presumed two choices correctly. Too bad for you.

So there was a retrace beginning on bars 6, 19 ,13, and 17. The reversal begins on bar 21 and geometrically on bar 22.

That puts us to the place where we can get out our ball points and write out the two definitions.

Retraces begin on LTL's or ltl's. (Or on BO's of LTL's called VE's)

Reversals begin on FTT's or ftt's between the RTL and LTL for the givien fractal.

As skills and knowledge inproves, a trader moves from one trading fractal to the next faster trading fractal. the number of traders per day increase and the net per trade decreases. The overall profits with respect to the daily ATR continue to increase and go from 3x to 6x the daily range on average.

More imprortant is the number of contracts traded. The principle is to add contracts will all earned profits. To stay out of sight (under the radar) add accounts each time you reach 40 contracts. No one notices 240 contracts in 6 accounts as much as they would notice 240 contracts in one account. MBT's trader PRO is a good example of how to manage multiple accounts with little trouble with pressing buttons.

By the time an advanced beginner trader went from open on this chart to the first reversal, he added 2 contracts to his original 5; or 20 contracts on his original 40 to 50. If at 240 on the open he could wire out of his account(S) about 2880 points times 50 bucks a point.

#219     Aug 3, 2011
    Sprout likes this.
  10. this is, of course, the common plague of the trader who does not recognize up/down trading goes not work when, in fact, the trend pattern is three moves.

To test yourself on this important consideration and final realization look at the dominant non dominant market swings.. You only have to lay out 6 movements.

dominant to non dominant to dominant (call this a long trend)

dominant to non dominant to dominant (call this a short trend)

Now look at snake eye's mistakes

Write the pairs he trades and see how he gets caught over and over..

The middle pair he probably calls "the early exit".

How does snake eye handle the first move of a trend which goes peak trough, peak in volume? There is no one to one correspondence.

The second move goes peak to trough and the third move goes trough to peak. Each has a one to one correspondence.

this is the classic story of how traders like snake eye keep getting screwed through their mistaken belief system.

PA got invented by people who can't do PV trading.

Do you hink I can even try to answer snake eye's Q's. No I will not ever be able to communicate to him ablout his mistaken beliefs.

NEZ, on the other hand is senselessly attacking people who trade in ways that are very unfamiliar to him and he now has created a "fixation" about his "enemies" that he created.

He has some of the most peculiar conclusions about the problems he makes up and assigns to us.

#220     Aug 3, 2011