The Most Insightful Articles ABout Trading and Investing!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Soros Fund To Pay Record Sum in Hungary for Market Manipulation

According to Hungarian press and the German edition of n-tv, George Soros's Soros Funds Management LLC was sentenced to pay a record sum of EU1.61 million in Hungary by the Hungarian Financial Market Supervisory Agency, PSZAF. Soros Funds Management had led a speculative attack on Hungary's leading bank OTP on October 9, 2008. The fine was the highest that this institution has ever levied, when it found the fund guilty of undue market manipulation.

On Oct. 9, 2008, Soros's London division massively offered OTP shares shortly before the stock markets closed, in order to increase its own option profits with OTP paper. The value of OTP stocks then collapsed by 15% that day. Soros's initial response, was to admit his fund might have possibly done something wrong, and claim he regretted the action. Trying to save whatever is left of his reputation, he claimed that for years he has not been involved in day-to-day decisions of this sort, and that he personally never would have "done this."

#201     Aug 2, 2011
  2. no you got the insight on how billions are made yo poor little clowns

#202     Aug 2, 2011
  3. ... on February 26, 2010, the Wall Street Journal reported that some heavyweight hedge fund managers got together for a private “idea dinner” in New York. The topic under discussion was “potential international currency investment opportunities,” which really meant “since Greece is going down the toilet, can we all make a killing if we bet against the euro?” As reported by the WSJ, additional targets being eyed by these hedge fund managers include the other so-called PIIGS nations, plus England and even the states of California and New York. Of course, the Wall Street Journal was only reporting on an academic discussion. The newspaper wasn’t suggesting market manipulation or the dirty word collusion, which would have made the whole shebang blatantly illegal.

The fact that some of the world’s biggest hedge funds subsequently made huge, bearish bets that added to selling pressure on the euro, allowing them to make all the money they theorized they could make while munching filet mignon or lemon roasted chicken, was…well…a coincidence.

#203     Aug 2, 2011

4. ok so i decided i would try to understand your system a bit, but with 50 pages and a very bad understanding of terms and acronyms it will be very hard.

You guys have so many posts. its hard to see where to start

but thats ok

from the first few pages what i gather is this.

1.you screen for stocks using tight parameters. leading to the best stock availible.

2. you look at volume and compare volume to a low or DU.

3.so i gather you look for both increasing volume and increasing price before trading.

4 a simple channel is drawn and depending on price increase and volume increase you place you trade.

price increase is spotted using moving averages and such indicators.

is the basics behind the system?

Who is jack hershey? whats his story? why do people complain about his posts. they seem fine here to me?

why did you have to rewrite his system and what relation do you have to him.

just wondering. the idea of using a tight screen is one i thought of when i first learnt of screeners as many probably did.

Seems like jack followed through and actually developed a system and paid attention to what to look for. This skill is very interesting and very much like my personality.

what is jacks personality like ?

if 70% of paper traders are successful that would mean a big percent of paper traders fail in the real market ? is that what you are implying?

unfortunately i cant see myself trading his system until i fail at mine. Like jack i believe that making ones own system is the only way to have a perfect system. I'm stubborn that way.

jack do you still use the same system?
    what is the motive behind this mass teaching of your system? i mean besides to help people?
    its nice to help but its also nice to keep ones technique secret.. atleast parts of it.

why does it take 50 pages to explain some thing that could probably be explained in a few words.

a part of me wonders if there is another motive here like referring people to a certain site or something... to which there is nothing wrong

these are just a few things that popped in my head. in an effort to veer the conversation back to articles that gave a ah ha moment and all i thought we should talk about jack and spyder as they seem to have quite the following here and i dont remeber any one thanking them here and mentioning that your journals would be a ah ha moment.. as i one day they may be my ah ha moment.

so far it seems my posts are more likely to be on the ha ha moment side. but who knows maybe a couple more of these calls and some one will take notice ans ill get my following... but whats the use ... what is the use ?

#204     Aug 2, 2011
  5. :D :D :D

traitor,i`d rather read your post then Jack`s.when i first read your post i thought that you were some kind of Jack`s relative

consider Jack and Spider as the lost in time market commentators:D

#205     Aug 2, 2011
  6. no i do not draw the channels lines 1-2-3 a-b-c ttt ppp ccc or shite like that,i don`t usualy have time on that,when i TRADE!

i`ll tell you the secret.

i trade like this

----V or /\----/\ or V----maybe U or /\ or V---full stop:D

that`s it

#206     Aug 2, 2011
  7. well you have about 50 pages of people that would rather read their posts..

you should try to trade more like this. I prefer to buy at the bottom and sell at the top though some do it the other way around.

/
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

#207     Aug 2, 2011
  8. here , its a bit complex of a system.. let me clarify