The most important / useful indicator for E-mini chart study

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wallyx, Jul 13, 2009.

1. wallyx

wallyx

Hi there, I'm new to this forum. Please give your opinion on what's the most important / useful indicator(s) for E-mini chart study... I minaly use 4: Bollinger Bands, MACD, Stochastic Oscillator and Parabolic. The combination of above seems working well for me.
    Listening to your opinions...

2. Nattdog

Nattdog

simple bar chart no indicators.

3. rickf

rickf

I'll take the plunge -- the only honest and true answer to this question is:

"Whatever YOU find most useful and important in YOUR trading style."

Some traders like clean charts, some use zillions of indicators and studies. We need to use what works best for us and allows us to trade comfortably and profitably. After all, that trading systems/styles are as individual as we are!

Yes, I realize this probably isn't the answer you were looking for.....but that's my feeling, anyway.

4. Candlestick chart and nothing else. But choose the colors of the candles wisely. It makes a huge difference.

5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Ridiculous

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO

- but -

7. Price and Volume.

- Spydertrader

8. Find a reliable leading indicator like Bolivian Eggplant Futures.

9. Indicators are sometimes helpful crutches. Some traders make money and use indicators. They would likely make MORE money if they didn't use indicators.

Anyway, to each his/her own.

10. rickf

rickf

*chortle*

I prefer volatility applied to the Magic Eight Ball Rounded Indicator(tm) myself. :)

#10     Jul 13, 2009