the most important briefings

Discussion in 'Trading' started by travis, Feb 19, 2003.

1. travis

travis

I am looking for a site where I can find the single most important briefing of the week, such as last Friday's Blix briefing, which was able to hold the markets in a range for the few days preceding it, and then released them all of a sudden at 10.30 AM, when Blix started speaking.

I already have a list of web sites with all the financial (but not the political ones) briefings of the week ahead, but I am looking for one that focuses just on the most important one, like it could be an announcement by Greenspan, or Blix, or Bush on the war for example.

2. Banjo

Banjo

How would you know how important it is untill afer you heard what is said?

3. travis

travis

You do know it, you just need to pay attention. You knew it with Blix, and you know it when Greenspan has to announce on whether or not there's a rate cut. There are many sites that have a list of the important economic briefings, like:

http://biz.yahoo.com/c/ec/200308.html

But my point is that I just want to focus on the week's most important briefing, such as an ultimatum by Bush to Saddam, rate cuts decisions, etc. I can't waste my time going through a list of 10 briefings every day.

I am not saying that I know how a briefing will affect the market, but I am saying that we do know ahead of time which ones are the most important briefings (among the ones that are scheduled, obviously).