The most generous people in the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Intelinvestor, May 14, 2008.

1. If this disaster were happening to Israel, how much would the US be donating?

#11     May 14, 2008
  2. TGregg

TGregg

#12     May 14, 2008
  3. I told you more than 60% went to Israel.

Other money went to U.S. Allies in mideast like Egypt.

US Foreign Aid has its political purpose.
    It won't give aid to countries if
    those countries have no national interest value to U.S.

Real poorest countries in the world will not get any aid from U.S.

#13     May 14, 2008
  4. #14     May 14, 2008
  5. No question the US sends lots of money overseas in the form of foreign aid...but is this an act of genuine generosity, or an act of political expedience?

When we give foreign aid to most countries, don't we generally expect something in return politically?

#15     May 14, 2008
  6. I cant believe youre 60+ years old and still typing on a message board. I bet you are...whats the word....cantankerous.

#16     May 14, 2008
  7. When we give foreign aid to most countries, don't we generally expect something in return politically?

I'm pretty sure the aid we give comes with economic stipulations otherwise they do no recieve all the aid.

#17     May 14, 2008
  8. I can believe you are a young fool...

#18     May 14, 2008
  9. Strings attached is not generosity...it is business.

#19     May 14, 2008
  10. Admistrative costs are part of business. We donate to charity, x% goes to the fixed costs, so it is not a true charity, if all you give does not go to the cause.

But true, America gives with strings attached, why not? No strings attached foreign aid through the UN % goes to bribes or favored contractors, etc. at least with strings attached we are hoping for some value for our buck.

#20     May 14, 2008