The most excellent way to pick great stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to contest this. I graduated from Penn, not Penn State, in 1981 with a BSE in Chemical Engineering.

*I only repeat information if other posters ask for me to repeat this information.
    *The only thing sexual related I have ever mentioned is that fact that others on the internet find my picture attractive as evidenced by my rating on HotorNot.
    *I know my fractions but I know nothing of the denominator of which you speak.
    *I have never posted in this forum under any character other than "mrmarket"

#51     Jan 31, 2003
  2. You had me going till I saw the last one - 'I have never posted etc' - you *total* bullcrap merchant! Gotta go, have to spend some of the money I made 2day from the bounce of the resistance this am!

Have a nice weekend guys and dont let this troll probe any further - he can do his course research elsewhere!

#52     Jan 31, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Answers

1)Yes..please let me know ahead of time via PM.
    2)No.. I just want to see how "HUGE" helps you when i have my entire finger in your eye.
    3)Yes..I have asked one ET member before
    4)No.

#53     Jan 31, 2003
  4. No thanks. I don't want to fight you. Actually, I kind of like you.

#54     Jan 31, 2003
  5. this seems more like a 90s bull market style than todays market.

#55     Jan 31, 2003
  6. You are correct. But even on the really bad market days, there are hundreds of stocks setting new 52 week highs. So, all you really need is a model that identifies the stocks with this momentum and those with the statistical inclination to continue this momentum.

Yes...it is a stock market, but what it really is is a market of stocks.

#56     Jan 31, 2003
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Hundreds of issues making new highs every day? I don't think so.

BTW you said you are "open minded enough to learn from anybody". You probably have been so open minded it's time you closed down for repairs.

Max

#57     Jan 31, 2003
  8. Go back and check. Show me the number of days in the last 2 years (during this bear market) where there were less than 100 new highs.

#58     Jan 31, 2003
  9. maxpi

maxpi

I just ran a screen, not one issue on NYSE making new high today, 25 on the NASDAQ, 4 on the AMEX. That is being generous, I did not check to see how many were just repeat performances of the past days.

I looked at some of your picks, could have made a LOT more money by TRADING those things instead of hanging on waiting for your lame exit strategy.

Typical bullshit. It's going to be hard to read the rest of your comments on this thread with you on my blocked list.

Max

#59     Jan 31, 2003
  10. KavMan

KavMan

Never doubt mrmarket

He is HUGE!!!

[​IMG]

#60     Jan 31, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.