The most excellent way to pick great stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I understand what you're saying, Natalie, but I've been through all this before elsewhere. There are now four threads devoted to "Mr Market". Which is fine if that's the way the moderators want the board to go. But it's difficult to incorporate both long-term investing and daytrading on the same board.

--Db

#31     Jan 31, 2003
  2. what are you selling, mr. market ?

jack

#32     Jan 31, 2003
  3. If it makes you more comfortable to call it something, my strategy is "quantitative momentum investing".

#33     Jan 31, 2003
  4. I'm not selling anything. What's wrong with sharing ideas in something that interests me?

#34     Jan 31, 2003
  5. Yep, he's made it. Our panderings to his ego have resulted in a record deal from SnakeOil LLC, a 200 dollar advance, and a single out on plastic next week under the name 'DJ Wharton' . Here's the cover artwork..

#35     Jan 31, 2003
  6. man

man

to all very critical about MrMarket's presence I would like to say, that it could show significant strength of a community if it could give and forgive.

If you read the last post on MrMarkets last thread you will see that he was politely asked to leave. He stayed, started a new thread. This mean he needs and wants this community. Since this thread has been quite different so far, he deserves additional credit.

BTW he is speaking very freely about a strategy that did not do too bad in a very difficult environment. That's something.

There is too little room here devoted to this kind of analysis. Its worth doing it. I am egoistic enough to give him a chance.

man

#36     Jan 31, 2003
  7. Trapper

Trapper

Hello,

I found having a better universe of stocks to choose from, similar to the model suggest by mrmarket, has helped my short term setups produce better results. This is really true regarding the pullback scan that I currently use. And couple this with a simple sector scan to find which ones the money is flowing into can increase your profits. I use a scan that compare sectors today, 5 days ago, 10 days ago etc. To paint a picture of a bull or bear trend in that sector.

Best regards,

Trapper

#37     Jan 31, 2003
  8. Excellent!! While I don't know much at all about daytrading, I think that if you have a point of view on a direction a stock might take, it would provide you with an overall advantage in execution vs. having no prior knowledge of this.

#38     Jan 31, 2003
  9. Well I look at it this way. I don't day trade stocks, but I do keep positions in stocks for a few days at a time. If a stock is trending up I'm looking for low points within the trend to go long and vice versa to go short.

Natalie

#39     Jan 31, 2003
  10. MRWSM

MRWSM

I don't know anything about MrMarket's history or his strategy yet, but he has been a perfect gentleman here through all these personal attacks.

HELLO!!! Are there any Moderators here at Elite? These personal attacks are very childish and not becoming of this Elite Board. Otherwise you should change the name from Elite Traders Board to Asshole Traders Board.

#40     Jan 31, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.