The most depressing graduation speech ever. Compliments of Al "full of hot air" Gore

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hello, May 25, 2010.

1. Al Gore doesn't even believe in man-made global warming.

It's easy to prove. Al has an 8,000 square foot house in Tennesee, a 9,000 square foot house in Santa Barbara (California), and a private jet that he uses to fly back and forth between them. His carbon footprint is probably 50 times that of the average American.

Would someone who is really concerned about global warming live like that? No way! But by pitching global warming he gets an Academy award, a Nobel Prize and makes billions off the "Green" business. It's a helluva scam.

When Al Gore scales back his lifestyle, I’ll scale back mine.

#11     May 26, 2010
  2. Try not to let your jealousy overwhelm you.

#12     May 26, 2010
  3. I'm not jealous. But I'm tired of my wife's "progressive" friends telling us that we shouldn't have two homes or so many cars, etc. I tell them to take a look at how Al Gore lives before they criticize me.

#13     May 26, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Al Gore's got twice your lifestyle but ten times your leverage to make change.

#14     May 26, 2010
  5. Why shouldn't you have more than one home? How many can you occupy at any given time? Why shouldn't you have more than one car? How many can you drive at one time? I think your wife's friends have other issues.

#15     May 26, 2010
  6. If Gore believed what he preached he wouldn't dump thousands of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere living a lifestyle that he could easily downscale if he wanted to. Instead, he demands that other people make sacrifices while he does whatever he wants.

#16     May 26, 2010
  7. I can only wear one pair of shoes at a time, but I have more than one pair of shoes.

#17     May 26, 2010
  8. Not quite analogous, but okay. In case I wasn't clear, I see no issue in owning more than one home or automobile, since they will not likely be wanton energy hogs when not in use.

#18     May 26, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

All I'm saying is that the ROI is better on him than it is on you.

#19     May 26, 2010
  10. I'm sure your math is correct, but it doesn't change the fact he warns of imminent doom yet lives like there's no problem.

#20     May 26, 2010