The most common psycholgical challenge people encounter when trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MartinT, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Joab with the visualizing thing- I thought I was the only guy doing this-- but isn't it just wishful thinking? I often see symbols in my head and then I visualize a stockprice I imagine I could see the stock at. This is helpful for me not so much for pinning a price target but for stepping back and realizing when something is over priced.~ stoney

#31     Feb 6, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

I don't try and visualize what the chart will do, I just visualize HOW I will react (in the BEST way possible).

Visualize the best case (holding for full profits) then visualize the worst case and (exiting perfectly with small stops).

#32     Feb 6, 2007
  3. Joab. See Attached

#33     Feb 6, 2007
  4. Here is the illustration for the attachment

#34     Feb 6, 2007
  5. MartinT

MartinT

Affirmations are most definetly a part of NLP, if you had studied NLP for 6 years you would know this, you would also be able to control your aggressive behavior. As a fully qualified NLP Master Practitioner i'm would be happy (free of charge of course) to discuss your behavior with you and we could together definetly improve it. NLP is now a part of mainstream business and mainstream psychology, please be nice is in future your life will be greatly enriched by behaving this way.:) I wish you luck in the future.

#35     Feb 6, 2007
  6. MartinT

MartinT

#36     Feb 6, 2007
  7. I'll be honest guys I have no idea what NLP is but I'm loving this thread. The real psychological take on the market has not been written yet. During the internet crash I had a great journal called Off My Lows but I lost it in a move. Wish I could bring some of the thoughts back...

#37     Feb 6, 2007
  8. MartinT

MartinT

nkhoi

Affirmations are useful if used in conjunction with other exercises such visualization, time line exercise's to name a few. I use techniques that may not be what alleged purist's such as MR Joab ( i seriously question his credentials) call pure NLP but i'm in the results business, life's to short to do everything by the book and how we were taught, we live in a society that demands , instant result , good luck nkhoi and great affirmations, have you studied any Robbins material, he's not a pure NLP master prac but he is very effective.

#38     Feb 6, 2007
  9. MartinT

MartinT

You can bring back those thoughts, believe me and it beats have guys with handle bar Mo's hanging around outside you flat, :D
    NLP will deliver 5 10" blonde super models to your apartment on a daily basis.

#39     Feb 6, 2007
  10. Joab

Joab

Martin,

Let's get Richard and John on the phone on a confrence call shall we. ????

Nice reframe but sorry your lame skills only go to reinforce my point about NLP and it's uselessness.

:cool:

#40     Feb 6, 2007