The most common psycholgical challenge people encounter when trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MartinT, Jan 16, 2007.

1. I think it was last fall there was an article in the mag
    tech analysis of stocks and commodities and the author wrote about ten baggers. Seems he had a screen that started with doubles. I thought it was quite interesting (should have bought the mag).

I hear ya on the mastercard ipo, never bought it, always seemed out of reach but still watching it. OTH have some PRU at 30 and added at 74 talk about a stretch. Eh, once in awhile you have to reach out.

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. MartinT

MartinT

What can you do to overcome this obstacle?, i have had the same challenge in the past, as long as i have clearly defined my exit price and the stock is in a nice upward leg i have made some good returns from buying stocks on new highs. I found reading the charts and not listening to my emotions was a huge break through for me.:)

#12     Jan 18, 2007
  3. MartinT

MartinT

Yes it would be great to talk, can you set it up as i'm new to the forum? Thanks

#13     Jan 18, 2007
  4. MartinT

MartinT

Thanks for the welcome Steve:)

#14     Jan 18, 2007
  5. MartinT

MartinT

ddunbar, yes i'd be happy to discuss NLP with.

#15     Jan 18, 2007

6. Martin,'

How do we reprogram ourselfs or our messages ?

#16     Jan 18, 2007
  7. blast19

blast19

Best stock, from a comfort/opportunity for growth stock I've ever bought was one of those. It was originally PXHB(otc) at $1.05 and I didn't buy...started buying at $1.60 or so....it's on the Nasdaq now(PRXI) and is a $9 stock now and is one of the best investments I've ever made and probably will ever make.

I would add shares to this day for the long term....but alas I have other investments! :D

Yes, buying stocks that have already gone up is hard...but buying into a trend is a great way to buy.

#17     Jan 18, 2007
  8. MartinT

MartinT

You can use daily affirmations or define the new behaviour you feel will serve you better and ask yoiu subconscious if its willing to try this new behaviour not forgetting to thank your subconscious for how its been trying to protect you. Our mind is always trying to help or protect us sometimes the behaviour it uses does not serve us well!

#18     Jan 18, 2007

9. Martin,

Can you please give a example of a daily affirmation that I can use for trading?

Thanks

#19     Jan 18, 2007
  10. MartinT

MartinT

Sorry about the delay i've been traveling, an affirmation i use is "i'm a confident and ruthless trader" affirmations alone will not change your habits but when used with other techniques they will have a dramatic effect on your trading

#20     Feb 2, 2007