The most cheapest data feed !!

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by swingwaver, Jan 27, 2003.

1. It is exactly the same datafeed. The pricing is special for QuoteTracker users. I do believe you have to have the full priced version if you want to use other software. (I guess their API checks). I know that QT is able to connect to the full priced IQFeed subscription datafeed. Its only going the other way that may be a problem

#41     Feb 17, 2003
  2. azzie

azzie

any comments form the users as to which would be better and more reliable feed: $20 for IQ or $13 for money.net?

Both are tick by tick.

#42     Feb 17, 2003
  3. dis

dis

All I can say is that I had no problems running the Metaserver demo with the QT's $20/mo IQFeed.

#43     Feb 18, 2003
  4. dis,

were you getting your data into metaserver thru excel first or directly from IQFeed into metaserver?

IQFeed-->Excel-->MetaServerRT??
    IQFeed-->MetaServerRT??

Thanks!

#44     Feb 18, 2003
  5. Azzie,

There are differences in what you can do with them:
    * IQFeed is max 500 symbols. Money.net is max 80
    * IQFeed has backfill data included
    * IQFeed supports more exchanges (futures, eminis, etc). Money.net supports SSFs

#45     Feb 18, 2003
  6. ilx-at? anyone use this? i know it's pretty expensive, but how does it compare to the other data feeds?

#46     Feb 21, 2003
  7. dis

dis

IndexTrader, I though I might be able to use IQFeed + Metaserver + Metastock Pro for intraday charting. It did not work very well because Metaserver lacked support for backfill.

#47     Feb 22, 2003
  8. Where can I find a list of indicators that quotetracker offers? Does QT offer Commodity Channel Index?

#48     Feb 22, 2003
  9. On the intraday charts, we have the following
    http://www.quotetracker.com/help/techind.shtml

I am pretty sure that list is complete. there may be one or two others. Will be adding others soon.

Historical Charts have more. Best thing to do is download and look - the list is different on the Prophet Historical Charts and BigCharts within QT

#49     Feb 22, 2003
  10. The least cost software/real time data I have found is QT with Money.net-Software is free (if you don't mind one small ad line) and Money.net for QT is $15/mo. I use it for basic alarming...which works great. Their charts are OK, but it is not capable of taking your strategy formulae and generating buy/sell signals.

They were the only outfit that could also support all the regular NYSE stocks I trade as well as allow price alerts on some of the less traveled Preferreds that I park money in for income. (Schwab's website wouldn't allow Preferred alerts...not that they would do anygood anyhow since their alerts drive off delayed data-(Website....not Streetsmart).

Bruce

#50     Feb 22, 2003