The most cheapest data feed !!

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by swingwaver, Jan 27, 2003.

1. vorzo,

What specific SSF are you trying to watch? NQLX:NQQQG03 is definitely not a valid symbol on IB. First of all, its a future symbol, so you will need to have a @ in the symbol. For example, for QQQ Feb 03 symbol on NQLX, you would enter the following in QT:
    NQLX:mad:QCQ1NG3

As for backfill, IB does not provide historical intraday data that is needed for that feature.

#31     Feb 10, 2003
  2. vorzo

vorzo

Jerry,

Is there a list of ticker symbols somewhere inside Help or on your site? What are the tickers for ES, NQ03H, and NQLGC03G? I can't figure out how you create a symbol that works with the IB feed.

Thanks,
    vorzo

#32     Feb 11, 2003
  3. vorzo, the ticker symbol format for use with QuoteTracker & IB is documented at http://www.quotetracker.com/help/ib.shtml

Basically, it is:
    EXCHANGE:Xsymbol

Exchange - the exchange letters as shown in TWS

X - either @ for futures, $ for indices, . (period) for options, or nothing for stocks

symbol - this is IB's "localSymbol". You will see it on the end of the DESCRIPTION column in TWS. Make sure to make the column wider

#33     Feb 11, 2003
  4. Jerry, stop arguing, stop plugging your web site, and read swingwaver's questions first. Swingwaver's questions were as follows: "What vendar/broker has most Cheppest data of NASDAQ/NYSE?".... "Please tell me the cheapest combination of NASDAQ/NYSE data except I writed here." "....where is Most Cheapest Data vendar? I want to Historical/Intraday/Realtime data with same time."..."I want data without spending money". To me it looks like swingwaver primarily wants the very lowest price, not quality.

#34     Feb 12, 2003
  5. Steve,

I am well aware of the question that was asked. I do not think a datafeed is worth mentioning if the data is not half way reliable, which it is NOT with Scottrade. The free datafeed stops frequently. Chart data is constantly showing completely bogus data. Volume data never matches any other source. Thats not a datafeed, thats Russian Roulette. A datafeed is worthless if the data cannot be relied on.

As for Quote.com, I just corrected your statement, since it gave the impression that the QCharts were available for $9.95, which they are not. And if you get back to the price thing, Money.net is cheaper for the exchanges you get and provides more info.

As for plugging my site, I hardly think having a signature line constitutes "Plugging" so chill out. The links that I gave for redirects that went through our site for the various datafeeds provided CHEAPER subscriptions than the user could get otherwise. For example: Money.net - $2 cheaper per month. IQFeed - $30 cheaper for a basic subscription and more discounts for added stuff like futures.

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#35     Feb 12, 2003
  6. Baloney.

#36     Feb 12, 2003
  7. vorzo

vorzo

Thanks Jerry, I got it to work.
    To those slugging at your software: Get a life.

#37     Feb 16, 2003

8. CyberTrader sucks... they are too expensive, have terrible execution and their reporting time on trades is untenable... from my experience. I would never trade options or equities with them again! Not to mention you gotta put up with Schwab arrogance, and a handful of incompetent reps who act like they know what they're doing.

Cybertrader is all about slick marketing; but offers litle real value! IMHO

#38     Feb 16, 2003
  9. dis

dis

The cheapest _quality_ datafeed is IQfeed for QuoteTracker - $20/mo + exchange fees. With IQFeed, one can run Metaserver RT (but, unfortunately, not OnDemand Server) and QT in parallel.

#39     Feb 17, 2003
  10. The metaserver and IQFeed webpages both mention $50/mo.

ONLY QuoteTracker version is $20/mo.

Is the feed symbology *exactly* the same meaning its just a marketing trick or are there problems encountered if you sign up for 1 program and use another instead?

#40     Feb 17, 2003