The most cheapest data feed !!

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by swingwaver, Jan 27, 2003.

1. The best combination I have seen so far was IBData from Finantec http://www.finantic.de/de/index.htm combined with WLD2. The good thing is you can get most of the exchanges and can subscripe to only those that you really need. IBData is collecting data only when IB and IBData is opened. So far it worked smoothely on my PC. I guess if the demand is there the developer of IB data would be willing to provide the possibility to store the historical ID data on a server for updates in case the users are not connected.

#21     Feb 2, 2003
  2. vorzo

vorzo

Jerry,

Can you chart intraday SSFs with QuoteTracker using IB feed? I tried and wasn't able to.

Thanks,
    vorzo

ps. Are you the guy that wrote the software? :p

#22     Feb 9, 2003
  3. vorzo,

Yes, QT fully supports all IB symbols, including SSFs. SSFs are also supported from Money.net, and IQFeed. Not 100% sure, but CyberTrader and myTrack may have them as well, in which case QT would be able to get the data from there.

BTW - Just released a new beta of QT (3.1.1a) with multi-day and tick chart support.

You can get the beta version by either selecting OPTIONS/WebUpdate menu (you have to have beta notification enabled on OPTIONS/Edit Preferences/Misc first) or by downloading the full install from:
    http://www.quotetracker.com/beta

and installing over the existing version.

And Yes, I am one of the 2 founders.

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#23     Feb 10, 2003
  4. rickty

rickty

Volker,
    Can you say some more about why you think what you stated is "the best combination" .

The sierrachart.com site states: "The price for the full program with upgrades is $40 for 6 months. " So it appears to me that sierrachart + IB would be the least expensive. I know of a few full-time traders who use this combination.

Richard

#24     Feb 10, 2003
  5. You want something cheaper? Try "QCharts". Theirs is not the best quality data feed, but their data is real-time data. And who can beat their $9.95/mo subscription?

Or you want something for FREE? Try "Scottrade". Their data feed is not the best quality either, but it is real time. You need to register with them (i.e. give them your name and e-mail address) but no account is required. $0/mo subscription! Including exchange fees! What more can you ask for?

#25     Feb 10, 2003
  6. NYNY

NYNY

Bro... Your grammar sucks!

:p :p

#26     Feb 10, 2003
  7. first of all, you are talking about LiveCharts, not QCharts. QCharts starts at $79.95/mo - BIG difference. LiveCharts subscription is $9.95 per month PLUS exchange fees, which makes them at least as expensive as Money.net, but the data quality is definitely not the same and you get to watch ONE symbol at a time, which is basically useless.

With Scottrade, you get what you paid for. I know all about them. Our software connects to them. That free offer really sucks:
    a) its max 10 symbols.
    b) Data REALLY sucks
    c) Reliability REALLY sucks.

I was recommending datafeeds that are good enough to trade from. Neither Quote.com's Live Charts or Scottrade fit that bill.

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#27     Feb 10, 2003

8. Jerry I see QT now has 2 day charts for free users and 5 day for registered users.

Whats the difference b/w a registered and nonregistered user? Is there a fee required to register and if so what is it?

Thanks.

#28     Feb 10, 2003
  9. LongShot, QT has a paid registration to get rid of ads (free version has ads, but NOT spyware). In the beta, there is also a difference in the # of days you can get the chart for, as you saw.

#29     Feb 10, 2003
  10. vorzo

vorzo

Jerry,

I downloaded the beta last night but I couldn't get it to work with SSFs.
    So I had TWS running, the quote source under Preferences set to IB, News and Indices to Quote.com.
    Nothing came up though when I typed in a SSF symbol, no quote data or chart. Maybe I didn't get the ticker symbol right - can you check what is the correct ticker for, say, NQLX:NQQQG03.
    Also, can I get historical charts for SSFs? IB feed was not among the available options for backfill sources.

Thanks,
    vorzo

#30     Feb 10, 2003