The most annoying thing in eSignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 50 cent, Oct 31, 2003.

1. eSignal is one excellent software but there's one bug that they're simply unwilling to fix for some reason.

This happens you enable showing the crosshair X and Y axis labels (in the Cursor window Properties, you check the "Show cursor labels on X and Y axis" box).
    Once enabled, you can see the exact price and time the crosshair is standing on, and that's good. But the problem is that once you move the mouse away from the chart, these crosshair numbers just remain stuck there on the X and Y axis, they have no meaning and they are hiding other important numbers (such as MAs, current price, etc.), and they get you confused.

Turning on "Auto Hide" doesn't help.

Any eSignal support rep here... could you please pass this to your development team? Apparently emailing ideas@esignal.com doesn't really get you anywhere...

Thanks a lot

2. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Appreciate the feedback. I certainly do see the downside of that. I'll be happy to pass that along to our Development Team. Just to clarify, their email is ideas@mail.esignal.com.

3. Bsulli

Bsulli

Jay, is this email address the same as using the feed back from the customer support pulldown on the toolbars in esignal software? Guess I'm asking does both routes get the request to the same person or group of persons?

Also how close is 7.5 becoming an official release?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

4. Thanks a lot, Jay. I contacted eSignal about this a few times in the past and got ignored.. that's why I seeked you... once again I must say that I am a very pleased costumer overall.

Thanks again

5. dpanic

dpanic

I reported the same bugs for over a year. finally gave up and switched to neoticker.

6. RAY

RAY

While you are at it have 'them' fix the YM Time and Sales.

They changed it (still doesn't show size), and now it crashes my esignal.

7. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

That is indeed the case. The feedback form does go to the same place as ideas@mail.esignal.com. 7.5 should be released on 11-18-2003.

8. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Regarding the CBOT change, please visit this post for more information. The crash you are experiencing is likely unrelated to the aformentioned change. I would suggest calling into our support department for further assistance with that issue ((510) 264-1700 ).