The Most Annoying Thing About Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Flashboy, Feb 12, 2004.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

I dont find it annoying to sell and see my position rise even further....or vice versa...I find it annoying to do anything i know i shouldnt do....like blow my stops...things that i can control but dont for some reason or another..thats what i get annoyed at...getting out when you think is the right time and then watching that position go further ur way is out of your control...if u hit the target u set out to hit then why get annoyed??? tis is part of the game....

#21     Feb 12, 2004
  2. AC3

AC3

Set up and know what U going 2 do sober and do it ...... if it blows up and stops u out so be it ........ but dont start 2nd guessing and changing ur plan in mid stream thats a recipe for disaster and a sleepless night about what cudda been and what shudda been SET IT AND FORGET IT! ..... Nobody moves and Nobody gets hurt

#22     Feb 12, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, this thread could have several titles which would be more accurate than the one chosen:

The Most Annoying Thing About Not Having A Plan

The Most Annoying Thing About Having A Plan and Not Following It

The Most Annoying Thing About Having No Discipline

The Most Annoying Thing About Having No Self-Control

The Most Annoying Thing About [your choice]

#23     Feb 12, 2004
  4. balda

balda

usually after a nice run like yesterday I like to buy at open if it near close so I bought 1054.00 expecting higher high in first two hours. market failed to push for new high out at 1055.00 reverse and go short at 1055.50 still holding.

I find it very easy to trade after a wide range days.:)

#24     Feb 12, 2004
  5. AC3

AC3

I got one better how about:

THe Most Annoying Thing About Hearing Someone Bitch

#25     Feb 12, 2004
  6. Why do you actually get annoyed?

You traded a plan and did it accordingly...

oh sorry... you don't have a plan... LOL...

Damn loser, you guys are the ones who annoys other traders.

#26     Feb 12, 2004
  7. I don't see where emotion plays a part here since you (I don't mean you especially but most people) can't predict with enough precision that it would go to 10510.

#27     Feb 12, 2004
  8. VOLUME

VOLUME

Trading a stock and watching helplessly as the NASDAQ halts it.

#28     Feb 12, 2004
  9. That's why precision counts see
    Metrics and risk management
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=431251#post431251

#29     Feb 14, 2004
  10. GSCO

GSCO

Flashboy take note.

Although these two are kind of being pricks about it. They both bring up excellent points.

It's human nature to always make the wrong decision while trading. Don't make trading decisions on the fly. Get a plan, stick to it. Whatever happens after doesn't matter anyways. You have to congratulate yourself for sticking to the plan regardless of missed money. This is the only way to avoid trading emotionally.

gl

#30     Feb 14, 2004