The most advertised "Recovery" ever...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by maxxy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. maxxy

maxxy

In 1997, did CNBC and Bloomberg come out to announce that it was time to get into tech stocks. In 2000, did any of the reporters come out to say that the market topped and it was time to sell? What about in 2002 or 2007? When did the news networks or government accurately portray what was really going on?

My point is that this has been the most advertised "recovery" in history...does anyone here really believe it?

2. No.

The only thing green shooting anywhere is toxic waste being shot from the Fed. There's a difference between a recovery and a slower slide into stagnation. But, you've long known that reporters are incredibly stupid, haven't you?

3. not only that....talk to people on the streets....life is not 'gettin' better..business wise

I think whats even more HYPED than the recovery and green shoots..is the idea that INFLATION is everywhere

this FEAR of Inflation or HYPER-INFLATION everyone is talking bout is the same as the talk of recovery...just talk

take a look around.... EVERYTHING...is cheaper
    stocks, businesses, real estate, cars, computers

ok..if food is a little higher and gas...big deal..what %age of your monthly bills is based on that

Even RENTAL prices in NYC, MIAMI, LA are coming down with NYC buildings offering 1 or 2 months free rent, no broker fee and/or straight up rent reductions...i know MANY people whose rents are goin down.....

I NEVER heard inflation talk during hte ASSET BUBBLE of 02-06 and find it hilarious to hear about it as everything has been cut in half trying to filll the gapping hole the "loss" of wealth

Read about Japan's lost decade...granted they never had a reserve currency...but the steps leading and continuing are eerily similar

4. clacy

clacy

I agree. My feelings are that we have seen the bottom, or will in the near future (1 year), but any significant growth could be years away.

I happen to think that we'll see very slow to no growth for the next several years.