The most advanced stops yet...

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CyborgTrading, Oct 30, 2009.

1. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

2. This is a pretty impressive add-on.
    However, I was unable to find anything on the cyborg website regarding it's internal workings. How does it work ? Does it use a DLL interface ? How does it trap and/or transmit the buy/sell orders that are fired from the underlying platform ?

3. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

syswizard,

Cyborg gets it's market data and submits all trades directly through the front end trading platform that it is connected to. This makes it really easy for people to use Cyborg because there is no need to switch platforms. We communicate with your current trading platform through the API (application programming interface).

Cyborg is highly optimized for high-frequency trading. For example, on the Sterling Trader Pro platform we are able to process over 5,000 events/second. This allows Cyborg to see every single depth and volume event that passes through your front end platform on dozens of products at once.

Hope that answers your questions.

4. thanks....but this indicates the order entry platform you link to must have an api, correct ?
    Platforms like ThinkorSwim do not qualify.

5. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

yea exactly. The platform must have an open API.

6. GATT

GATT

are there plans for IB or Lightspeed?

7. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Yes, IB will be our next platform...expect a beta out within a couple of months. Unfortunately, lightspeed does not have an API that we can connect to...so we will not be supporting their platform.

8. iuykcif

iuykcif

Excellent and strategic choice to support IB. I think it will be very beneficial to the popularity of your product.

9. It's been a few months...any update on when the IB beta is coming out?

10. Bootsie

Bootsie

same question here...

:)

#10     Apr 26, 2010