The Mormon Church Amassed $100 Billion. It Was the Best-Kept Secret in the Investment World.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Wow.

They are just in common shares?? If the coming happens, value may get skewed ...ha!!

If they were all in on gold, they would be more credible

#11     Feb 10, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. d08

d08

I think the Word of God is the holiest of holy. This is why everyone should be worshiping the Flying Spaghetti Monster and not any of these other demigods.

#12     Feb 10, 2020
    Nobert, Pekelo and RainMaker3000 like this.
  3. LOL True

#13     Feb 10, 2020
    Nobert likes this.
  4. %%
    Yea right;
    if you are a common gold miner/ common company[Sarcasm-LOL:D:D,:D:D:D:D:D:D:D]
    I listen to Christian Radio[95% based on book by Jews,100%+/ ] They do a lot of ads for Timothy Plan, Bible based Investing/ETFs; great idea 'till you read ''additional info'' = 2% max redeem fee LOL. BUT much better >>,>>>>>>> than NPR/news or TSLA stock.LOL

#14     Feb 10, 2020
  5. Years ago I worked in an office full of Mormons.

If you're having financial difficulties, the church will help you out... but not if you're a dead beat.

That is, they will help out with all of your needs/food/bills... but if you're able-bodied, you're expected/required to help out yourself. That is... if you're receiving church assistance, you might be called upon to do "things"... like ground care of properties... mow lawns or paint.. or day care supervision, etc. But if you refuse, the church withdraws support. IOW... it's one thing to need help, but it's another to be a parasite.

And another thing. The church doesn't do debt... doesn't borrow to spend on anything. They only pay cash. And if they don't have the money readily available, they wait until they do. (Whoa! Now there's a concept!)

The US government could learn a lesson from them.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    #15     Feb 10, 2020
  6. %%
    Exactly;
    I heard on the radio news today, the US gov is closing the disability loop hole.Which one ??Speaking Spanish is no longer a disability, talk radio reported. AS far as not tithing to a church 'caus its a mega church, most of them rake in millions, but each Baptist/Pentacostal is some what independant ,so they still teach giving tithing[10% plus]..........................
    I went to a financial freedom class one time @ a big Baptist Church/megachurch= they asked for about a $150 love offering to cover the Dave Ramsey Workbook+ CDs. I seldom use CDs in my HMC, Cd player is not a player much LOL. So I asked if that would be OK, if I brought my mature Dave Ramsey book to class; fine the Christian class teacher said.:caution::caution:,:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::caution:

#16     Feb 10, 2020
  7. The public thinks forcing prisoners to work is prison labor and violation of human rights.

forcing prisoners to work for free is fair IMO and those who work to repay society should get early release. but other disagree.

tell you this, prisoners rather 'work' in prison than being stuck in prison cell 24 hours okay.

worse part of prison is nothing to do and watching paint dry.
    ban books and internet access in prisons now that is torture and punishment!
    prisons are now better than being military or old age home. or school dorms.

#17     Feb 10, 2020
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Unless you have first hand knowledge ... save the proselytizing for the gullible ones not already wrapped up comfy in religion and/or flag.

#18     Feb 10, 2020
  9. Who said it was a secret...just look at the buildings they have built and churches......no shit they have millions...

#19     Feb 10, 2020
  10. %%
    Our church has a prison/jail ministry,buttermilk, I don't help much in that one; but I did send the sheriff a NRA Christmas card. NRA helps the law shoot straight. I don't know how a prisoner would trade without internet or books; SCHW, ALLY, AMTD allow phone trades=:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#20     Feb 10, 2020