The Moral Decline Of The Late Great United States

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Abolitionist came from the Conservative philosophy.
    It started in the evangelical churches of the day.

You can only defend Liberals/ democrats by changing the terminology.

Where you find Democrats in charge you find separate (but equal policies). It happened from 1865 to 1965 and is happening today in the urban cities.

It has taking 40 years for the Republicans in the South to flush out the racist Democrats. We have come a long way, long enough to see Blacks moving back to the South and away from the racist Democratic run cities.

#21     May 1, 2013
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That is exactly my point.

#22     May 1, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Our forefathers did not anticipate such an overreaching government. In fact, they did all they could to prevent it.

#23     May 1, 2013
  4. I used to believe that. But think about it. If that were true, gays would have gone extinct long long ago.

No, homosexuality, is genetic. A certain percentage of our population will be gay, no matter what.

It is a position that I have "evolved" on.

#24     May 1, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

That they did. I think if they knew then what was going to go on the last 100 years they would have put some more obvious limits on the federal government. I don't think they thought a few phrases in the Constitution would be read as openings to expand the Feds like has happened.

#25     May 1, 2013
  6. You mean the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Those rights?

Large segments of the population stood actively disenfranchised at the time of the declaration. Did the founders believe what they wrote, or not?

#26     May 1, 2013
  7. You can thank the GOP patron saint, Ronald Wilson Reagan for the first genuine expansion of executive power.

You remember?

That is when he flouted Congress and sold weapons to a State Sponsor of Terrorism?

Remember?

#27     May 1, 2013
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I do not believe that it is genetic. I believe that there is a genetic pass on wherein the individual has a disposition towards cultivating that mindset, but I do not believe it is predestined. Doesn't matter, though. The big rise of gays hasn't been until the last two decades. Give it 50 or so years more, once legalized. Then, people who are in marriages pretending to be straight will fade away, and thus will begin the decline.

#28     May 1, 2013
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Blacks were not considered people, they were property. Just like unborn babies today. Being property is not good and property has no due process or rights.

#29     May 1, 2013
  10. Blacks are NOT moving back to Mississippi or Alabama. They are moving to Virginia, and North Carolina. And certain very blue enclaves in a sea of red.

Conservatives have always been the enemy, they will always be the enemy, all over this globe.

#30     May 1, 2013