The momentum Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Sky123987, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I've noticed there are many profitable traders in my firm who use a momentun strategy, who really won't tell me (don't blame em) so i'll try here :)

2. what firm is that?

3. LOL :p

4. MGJ

MGJ

I'm aware of several different momentum strategies; "different" means, each of the strategies enters and exits at different prices on different days. Their trades are not identical, hence the strategies are not identical. So I don't think it's quite correct to speak about "THE momentum strategy."

I find it amusing that you don't bother to mention what vehicles you are trading, I guess you assume everyone KNOWS. I suppose you're probably trading nonferrous metals (aluminum, copper, gold, silver, platinum, palladium, tin, lead, zinc) using LME Forward contracts, based on the fact that other employees within your Firm won't divulge their trading strategies to a coworker. Pretty typical of metals firms.

5. NYC212

NYC212

I think I might knw you :p

Im in the same boat. alot of the big traders at my firm trade momentum. but I just dont get it. Im a newbie trader and they kind of like to keep it hush hush on what they do.

Ive been told, they follow a certain sector (financials, watch the futures, and look for the break out stocks and buy tickers they feel will continue to go up)

I just dont get the momentum play.