The Momentum Factor Is Real. Too Bad It Doesn't Work.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Nov 26, 2018.

1. d08

d08

Only a few times I've seen full working systems posted. Full backtestable, open-source, verifiable systems that is - not discretionary garbage, not to offend but discretionary is impossible to be verified by other people.
    They stop working within a few years, arbed out of existence.

#11     Nov 26, 2018
  2. cvds16

cvds16

Even after all these years your knowledge is so little. Start to look at naked price action charts in all sort of tf's and you might get it in the end ... maybe ....

#12     Nov 27, 2018
  3. cvds16

cvds16

I have a system on the Nasdaq going back 50 years since the start of it. At 2 times leverage this would give me 24% per annum. This all with very reasonable drawdowns (the most was about 13% as far as I remember. However I would never trade it ... it's most likely a fluke. It works on Dow too (I went back to backtesting till the start of it) and on Nikkei too. But I don't like the drawdowns anymore or the end results. The nikkei for example gave me unleveraged about 8% per annum but the drawdowns went to about 20% several times. No stuff for me ...I got way bette stuff now.

#13     Nov 27, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. d08

d08

Was that directed at me?

#14     Nov 27, 2018
  5. cvds16

cvds16

nope, Turtleboy :D

#15     Nov 27, 2018
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You run other people’s money until you become capital constrained and you have enough internally to fill that capital constraint.

#16     Nov 27, 2018
    cvds16 likes this.
  7. d08

d08

No offense to Murray here but I don't understand what he's going on about, 90% of the time.

#17     Nov 27, 2018
  8. cvds16

cvds16

yeah, doubt that is a good thing, good trading should be really simple ...

#18     Nov 27, 2018
  9. cvds16

cvds16

not that it's simple to find, it took me 14 years to learn how to daytrade and I am not quite there yet when I am unfocesed. And I have an IQ of over 130 Not sure if that's last thing a help. Used to help me as an option arb trader though.

#19     Nov 27, 2018
  10. %%
    Well good thing its not 95%.[IBD =Investors Business Daily, WSJ you most likely know.....]:cool::cool:

#20     Nov 29, 2018
    d08 likes this.